- London, GB
- £18 /hr
- Available now
I have worked for several years within marketing, PR and events management. Being the main point of contact for clients was an intricate part of all my previous roles as was achievingmore...I have worked for several years within marketing, PR and events management. Being the main point of contact for clients was an intricate part of all my previous roles as was achieving targets, problem solving and multi tasking. Effective administration was central to all my previous roles as were my graphic design and print production skills.
Area Covered: London, South East England
Work Experience Summary: VOLUNTARY WORK
• Carnival Network South East development of marketing material. March 2010
• Operations Manager Brighton Carnival, NFP, Brighton. June 2009
• Design and collation of marketing material for Autistic Society fundraising event. March 2007
• PR consulting to Brighton Peace and Environment Centre. May 2008
• Fund-raising team member & coordinator for degree students’ exhibition. Sept 2003- June 2006
Account Manager: August 2009- March 2010
Red Bull Ltd. London
Working within the West End of London I was responsible for delivering the company\'s marketing strategy across key regional and national accounts; identifying and developing brand exposure and communication opportunities; effective budget management and ensuring the CRM system was completed in an accurate and timely fashion. Communication and negotiation skills were key in this role.
A key achievement was the successful client relationship management for Red Bulls largest on trade investment project.
Operations Manager: June 2009 - August 2009
Brighton Carnival Association CIC, Brighton.
Brighton Carnival Association is a community interest company, which delivers an annual carnival with 800 paraders and 30,000 audience. I worked closely with the project manager to ensure the event site was set up and broken down in a timely and organised fashion. Knowledge of health and safety, licensing laws and stake holder management were fundamental aspects of this role
Hospitality Co-coordinator/Restaurants Duty Manager April 2008- May 2009
Compass Group: Payne and Gunter at Goodwood Chichester
The main objective of my role was to ensure the smooth co-ordination and delivery of all hospitality requirements across Goodwood’s racecourse, motor sports festivals and private banqueting events. I was responsible for maintaining debtors’ ledger; pro-active sales, marketing and management of restaurant bookings. Precise time management, leadership and teamwork skills were essential. Key achievements were:
• redesigned bookings management database to streamline processing times by 45%.
• 75% Reduction in print costs, through effective supplier communication and management
Events and Marketing Manager: May 2006 • April 2008 Clubfillers.com LTD, Brighton.
Clubfillers is an events marketing company that works with a client base across the South East of England.
Initially my role was marketing, I was later promoted to manage events, alongside this. Key achievements:
• Developed various on and off line strategies to engender customer loyalty to the company brands, this involved building relationships with related brands such as Jagermeister, Kerrang and NME.
• Worked with Brighton and Hove City council to develop the green Brighton Scheme. To help reduce the environmental damage from printed promotional material
• Relationship management with key clients Barfly and the Great Escape Festival became a core element of my position.
Personal Assistant to the Director: (contract work) November2006 -December 2006
Arka Ecopod LTD, Brighton
I worked closely with the senior director to provide administrative support. Responsibilities included; Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate; dealing with incoming email, faxes and post; devising and maintaining office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow; organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information. Key achievements:
• I devised a new computer filing system, consolidating all hard copies onto the new computer system that I developed.
• Ensured that all orders were dispatch by external companies and shipped in a timely manner.
Assistant to The Business Development Manager: December 2006 • March 2005
The University of Brighton Business Services, Brighton
General administration duties, Developing marketing material and distribution, Data input and cleansing and assisting Geospec LTD in resolving conflicts with data translation, filing and appointment bookings
Education Summary: SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS
• Mac and PC competent with working knowledge of: Photoshop, Illustrator, Power Point, Strata 3D CX, Microsoft; Word, Outlook, Excel
• Full clean UK drivers license
• BIIAB level 3 diploma in licensed hospitality
• BIIAB National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (NCPLH)
• National Certificate for Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
• National Certificate for Door Supervisors (SIA)
English, Afrikaans, Zulu, currently learning German
2007-2008 MA International Event Management yr 1 THE UNIVERSITY OF BRIGHTON
Specialized in Risk management and Marketing.
2005-2007 UOB Business courses; Market Research, Sales and negotiation, Management and leadership, Intellectual Property and raising finance.
2003-2006 BA (Hon’s) Degree Three Dimensional Design 2.1 THE UNIVERSITY OF BRIGHTON
• I represented the University at the enterprise competition Flux and won the regional finals.
• Grant Thornton’s Private financial strategy training
• Co-founder and Public and Professional Relations Officer for University of Brighton Enterprisers Society.
• Contributed to Entrepreneurship in Creative Industries research project, to develop the business curriculum for creative courses nationally.
2002-2003 EDEXEL Art and Design Foundation Course NEWBURY COLLEGE
2002-2003 AVCE Art, Design and Photography. Merit NEWBURY COLLEGE
2001-2002 As-Level Art and design (B) BRITISH INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
Mathematics (B), Art & Design (B),
English Language (B), English Literature (B),
Sociology (A), Afrikaans (C)
Marketing, PR, Graphic, Events Management