- Crawley, GB
- £40 /hr
- Available now
I am a former Broadcast Journalist and Web Designer. I have three graduate/postgraduate qualifications including an MSc from Oxford University and a PG Dip in Broadcast Journalism.
Imore...I am a former Broadcast Journalist and Web Designer. I have three graduate/postgraduate qualifications including an MSc from Oxford University and a PG Dip in Broadcast Journalism.
I earn most of my living now as a stand up comedian. I undertake freelance work at times I am not performing.
Journalism and Copy Writing:
- Have worked for local and regional BBC/ITV
- Experienced local radio newsreader and reporter
- Have written freelance articles for print and online
- Academic qualification in English
- Regular freelance work designing stylish websites
- Experience of setting up E-commerce services
- Experience of Search Engine Optimisation
Area Covered: London and the South East
Summary: Journalism/writing roles:
- From June 2007 to October 2007 – PR/Media Officer (temp role)
For Girlguiding UK in London
- Since May 2007 - Freelance Copy Writer for various small businesses such as restaurants, building firms and retail outlets.
- Since August 2006 – Freelance Radio and Print Journalist
For KMFM across Kent, CTR FM in Maidstone and Mercury FM in Crawley. Also for various magazines and online publications.
- October 2005 – at Sky News in Westminster
- August/September 2005 - At STV North
- June/July 2005 - at ITV Westcountry
- May 2005 – at This Week (BBC1)
- July 2004 – at The Sunday Times
- July 2003 – at the London Evening Standard
Job Title: Copywriter and Press Release writer
Company: We write your Group
I wrote text for the main 'wewriteyourfunnyspeech' website, brochures, press releases and adverts. This involved taking raw information sent to me as well as conducting interviews with company employees to create a succinct, concise and effective marketing message.
I conceived of press release ideas, had them approved swiftly and submitted the finished pieces to local, national and relevant publications.
Job Title: Web Design/Copywriter
Description: Web Design/Copywriter
Designing the look and feel of the website and E-commerce operation. Finalising and rewriting all text for accuracy and search optimisation.
Job Title: Web Design/Press release writer
Company: Onice UK
Description: Web Design
Designing a simple, effective website for Onice Radiators UK. Ensuring text was concise and ready for search engine optimisation.
Press release writer
Writing press releases for the company on an ad hoc basis for inclusion in national and trade press.
Education Summary: (2005/6) PG Dip Broadcast Journalism, City University (Awarded pass with merit)
(2004/5) MSc Russian and East European Studies, University of Oxford (Awarded Distinction)
(2001/4) BA (Hons) English, University College London (Grade: 2:1)
Journalist, Copy writer, Web Designer and Comedian