- Widnes, GB
- £14 /hr
- Available now
I am an experienced architectural assistant and CAD draftsman with knowledge of delivering successful projects in the sectors of further education, hotels and leisure, residential,more...I am an experienced architectural assistant and CAD draftsman with knowledge of delivering successful projects in the sectors of further education, hotels and leisure, residential, retail and transportation.
- I am available for employment at your work place or remote from my home studio.
- I have my own transportation and can travel directly to sites and meetings as required.
- I hold a valid CSCS card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme).
- I can create and manage accurate scale drawings for any architectural, construction, engineering or costing purpose.
- I can travel to site, measure, photograph, draft and deliver precise architectural plans and elevations.
- I have the expertise to coordinate, compile and audit door, window and room data sheet schedules for clients and contractors.
- I am experienced at using the following drafting, specification and presentation software; Autodesk AutoCAD (full and LT) and 3DS Max Design, NBS Building (specification writer), Adobe Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop, Google SketchUp, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Project and Word.
- I have excellent communication skills and am experienced at dealing with public and professional enquiries.
- I am experienced at presenting schemes to clients, design panels and council representatives and conducting and recording meetings with multi-disciplinary teams of designers, engineers, contractors, and quantity surveyors.
- Skilled at coordinating and checking sub-contractor and consultant drawings and documentation.
- I am a committed team member, skilled at resolving design complications and calming conflicting parties.
- I am enthusiastic, hard-working and quick to learn.
- I have worked with and for a variety of organisations, including private companies, local and statutory authorities, public sector groups, large commercial enterprises and private individuals.
- I have knowledge of various codes and regulations required by different user groups, including Building Regulations, British Standards, Partnership for Schools Building Bulletins (e.g. BB93, BB98, BB99), Secure By Design, and Network Rail Form A & B.
If you believe that the aforementioned skills can be useful to your company and you are seeking someone with an open and positive attitude, then please get in contact and we can discuss matters further. I can provide examples of previous work and references with a PDF portfolio that I would be pleased to show you in order to discuss services that I can offer.
Area Covered: Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, Merseyside, North West, UK
Summary: Architectural Assistant providing architectural services as listed below within project examples.
Transportation Interchange, Merseyside, Â£2m
Public realm, highway works and internal refurbishment. Project appraisal, design brief, concept, design development, planning application, listed building consent, Network Rail approval in principle (form A), RIBA Stages A to E.
Further Education, South Yorkshire, Â£35m
New build scheme, design and build. Design brief, concept and report for Learning Skills Councils approval in principle, design development and report for LSCs approval in detail and planning application, technical design and production information. RIBA Stages B to F.
Further Education, South Yorkshire, Â£2.3m
Internal refurbishment, traditional contract. Design development, planning and building regulations applications, technical design, production information, tender documentation and practical completion. RIBA Stages D to K
Motor Vehicle Workshop, South Yorkshire, Â£1m
New build scheme, design and build contract. Design brief, concept, design development and planning application. RIBA Stages B to D
Hotel, Oxford, Â£11m
Refurbishment and New Build. Project appraisal, design brief, concept, design development, planning application, RIBA Stages A to E
Company: Canyon Associates
Description: General draftsmanship duties. The production and amendment of various interior layouts for a exhibition catwalk and displays in AutoCAD 3D.
Education Summary: Currently studying towards B(Arch), RIBA part 2 qualification.
BA (hons) Architecture, 2:1, Qualified RIBA part 1.
Current holder of a CSCS card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme).
Freelance architectural designer/assistant based in North West England with strong 2D & 3D AutoCAD draftsman skills and over 7 years construction experience.