- Surrey, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
A driven and motivated professional with a real passion for innovation and creativity in the workplace.
Displaying a communicative and collaborative management style, that producesmore...A driven and motivated professional with a real passion for innovation and creativity in the workplace.
Displaying a communicative and collaborative management style, that produces great teamwork and excellent results.
Raises performance levels within a team by continuously challenging the performance status quo
Project management, Product development, Training, forecasting and budgeting for new opening or refurbishment, purchasing and negotiation, extensive knowledge in cookery method and product knowledge
Area Covered:, United Kingdom
Job Title: Head of food
Company: Leathams Ltd
Description: • Key player in strategically shaping and defining the future product portfolio of the Company.
• Supporting the Boards of directors in bringing real consumer and commercial understanding to the business that will provide competitive advantage.
• Ensuring to be always at the cutting edge, which will help to support Leathams’ corporate direction and their accelerated plans for growth.
• Leading an experienced food team which will be focusing on continually innovating Leathams’ foodservice offering, researching market trends, and supporting the business managers in each of their sectors.
• Focus is totally customer centric whether that is bringing new product innovation, menu development or working closely with customers to deliver their food vision.
Job Title: Founder & Partner
Description: Our approach is unique every project is like our first, by maintains our focus purely on the food and beverage, we understand the challenges and differences of each market sector's particular demands and aspirations. Our creative thinking and analytical approach provides the motivation and symbiosis that links the allocated space to the people, the food and the bottom line.
We provide services within the food industry offering value for money with fast and effective response in all projects.
Job Title: Food training and menu development manager
Company: Young & Co's Brewery
Description: 150 managed pubs, bars, restaurants and hotels in London, principally located in London and the South East. Total turnover 167m
Develop menus to all managed pubs, which they change seasonally through the estate. Training all relevant personnel in practical food knowledge to ensure the consistent delivery of high quality food offer and profitability in all managed pubs.
• Significantly improved the food quality and product offer within the top 20 gastro pubs increase the food sales of 1.7% 1.5m
• Revolutionised menu costing through the introduction of a web based recipe application resulting in a 2.5% uplift in GP margin
• Project managed and opened a 250k Food Development and Learning Centre first ever training facilities in Youngs history
• Introduced a new wood oven concept achieving sales of 300k over forecast
• Improved understanding within the Ops team in relation to food and able to position food offers more appropriately
• implemented a clear career path for chef improved staff retention by 20%
• Created a bespoke chef training programme that delivered a 2% increase in Food GP margins and increase sales of 10% to participating pubs
• Introduce Sous vide cooking direct and indirect to benefit of better quality de-skilling the kitchen but maintaing the high quality standard, reduced wages cost by 1.5%
Job Title: Brand Development Chef
Company: Individual Restaurant Company PLC
Description: The Company operates 33 restaurants within the premium casual dining market, Turnover 54m
Product development and innovation of the company brand Piccolino, managed the product development centre and supporting the marketing department on food promotion and event
• Improved staff retention by 20% promoting talent from within, implemented area chef meeting to ensure regular communication happens throughout the business with the support of written material, team briefings and one to one reviews
• Support initiatives to reduce some controllable cost by 4%, with reduction of waste and maximise efficiency of water consumption.
• Improve food turnover by 1.4% 500k by introducing highly profitable fortnightly special
• Pioneered a fresh pasta concept delivering to a 50% increase in budgeted turnover in year one
• Instrumental in the roll out programme of 6 new restaurant openings, leading to an uplift of 9m in food sales across the company
• Introduced an Italian home made bread concept into all 33 restaurants resulting in a 6% increase in bread sales
Job Title: Owner - Operator
Company: C.A.G. GLOBAL LTD
Description: Privately owned company that introduced Italian fine dining concept in London
Project managing all aspects the new food concept, from setting up the company to the acquisition of the lease.
• Reduced budgeted start up cost by 15 % 175K through effective supplier negotiation
• Implemented an effective training succession plan in order to allow owner to manage the business efficiently after my departure
• Exceeding budgeted weekly turnover by 50% through the creation of a menu that delivered a consistently high spend per head combined with repeat custom
Job Title: Consultant Executive chef
Company: The Parkcity Hotel
Description: Boutique hotel with a 120 covers fine dining room, 24 hrs room service, and banqueting and conference facilities
Responsible for the setting up of the kitchen for the Launch of the Hotel, responsible for the recruiting and training of all the back of house team. Working closely with various head of Department for driving the entire F&B operation through immediate, medium and long term planning
• Reduced Food and beverage labour costs from 24.5% to 18.5%, saved 4k average per week, by delivering more efficient operational procedures
• Reduced in 6 months, weekly stockholding from £20k to £17k by introducing an online ordering system and stock control
• Improved food GP by 4% through continued menu development, recipe costing and more accurate portion control
• Increased food turnover by 2.5% by introducing 24hr room service
Job Title: Consultant Head chef
Company: The Oak Gastropub
Description: Renowned award winning pub based in Notting hill London
Responsible for menu development and the implementation of food safety procedures to support the owner in the business re launch
• Reduced wage costs by 14% - implemented efficiencies in both the menu and kitchen team
• Increased overall turnover by 250k in one year by introducing a sharing menu for the members’ club
• Improved food GP by 6% with the introduction of a wood stone oven food offer
Job Title: Senior Sous Chef
Company: Locanda Locatelli
Description: Giorgio Locatelli’s award-winning and Michelin-starred Italian restaurant
Supporting Giorgio Locatelli in both the setting up and recruitment requirements for the restaurant opening.
Developing and costing new menus, training new members of the kitchen team and maintaining exacting levels of food safety and quality standards
Job Title: Executive chef
Company: Metropolitan Restaurant LTD
Description: New concept of Italian Restaurant brand, in a modern & cosmopolitan atmosphere in the centre of London. Offering typical regional Italian food total turnover 12m per annum
Responsible all back of house operations including Health and Safety, menu development, recruitment & staff training costing Maintaining & driving consistently high standards through all the company food operations
• Introducing new restaurant concept to the UK market
• Promoted company executive chef
• Creating a turnover of 10.8m after a successful rollout plan of new concept in the UK
Job Title: From trainee to Head chef
Company: Early career
Description: Head Chef St. Giles Hotel **** Heathrow Head Chef ` 1998 – 1999
Restaurant Florence in Dresden, Germany Sous chef 1996 - 1997
Hilton Hotel***** Dresden Germany Chef de parties 1995 – 1996
Restaurant La Rocchetta Arona Italy Chef de parties 1993 – 1995
Lenny Restaurant Serravalle Sesia Italy Commis Chef 1992 - 1993
Hotel S. Rocco**** Crevacuore, Biella, Italy Commis chef 1990 – 1992
Circolo Ufficiali Nizza Cavalleria Torino, Italy Chef the parties 1989 - 1990
Restaurant Monte Barone Vercelli Italy Trainee chef 1985 – 1988
Field of Study: Business & Leadership and Management
University / College: The Open University
Field of Study: Culinary Arts
University / College: IPSSAR Giulio Pastore
University / College: Media G. Marconi, Borgosesia
Group Executive chef, recipe writer, food consultant, restaurant consultant, product develoment, cookery demonstration, training