- Brighton, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
I am a Philosophy postgraduate with extensive professional experience in proofreading, copy writing and editing. I also have long term experience in transcription, with a typingmore...I am a Philosophy postgraduate with extensive professional experience in proofreading, copy writing and editing. I also have long term experience in transcription, with a typing speed of 90wpm. I work as a full time freelancer providing meticulous, fast and high standard proofreading, editing and transcription services. I specialise in formal and academic writing, particularly in humanities subjects, and hold two First Class (1:1) degrees, although I also have experience in a wide range of other professional and creative writing areas. I have provided both proofreading and transcription services for students, postgraduates, journalists, writers, publishers, charities and professional services. As I am available full time, I can usually offer fast turnarounds when required.
My skills include:
- I use MS Word, with tracked changes and comments.
- correction of spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation.
- general improvements to overall flow and consistency.
- restructuring of sentences for greater clarity.
- language substitutions to avoid repetition, or to achieve a particular tone/style
- anglicisation of US text.
- rewriting of broken or non-native English text to read as fluent.
- recommendations for areas of improvement in academic and non-fiction text.
- academic advice; I can assess your work against a marking criteria or written feedback
- typing speed of 90wpm.
- transcription of audio to text, including interviews, focus groups, lectures or informal conversation. I am confident with non-native English speakers, regional accents, poor audio quality.
- I can offer multiple verbatim levels, from exactly as spoken, light edited for clarity, to paraphrased/summarised, just let me know your personal requirements.
- strict confidentiality and security measures.
If you require further checks on a document or piece of work, I am happy to oblige. If you would like to query a correction, would like me to check an advised rewrite, or confirm that a recommendation made by myself has been correctly or appropriately executed, I can do this for you free of charge, as long as the request is made within a reasonable time frame after completion of the original work.
One exception to this is new, original content, of notable length and/or not recommended by myself. For example, if you have added a new chapter, section, table, paragraph etc., not as the explicit result of the proofreading. This will be considered ‘new’ work beyond the scope of the original quote and charged accordingly.
UK native Proofreader; Editor; Copyeditor; Transcriber
Brilliant job done with high efficiency!
Hello Abigail great job and done on time. Thanks :)
excellent work, really happy with it
great job, you really deserve 5 stars. Many thanks
Abi is excellent, I appreciate how she manages to edit/rewrite whole sections and yet never loses ones voice. She's easy to deal with, and delivers on time. I highly recommend her. Thanks Abi.
Constructive, professional, rapid, courtious.
I will return to her for future work.
Really quite brilliant, a breath of fresh air to work with somebody so effective.
Thank you very much for your kind feedback, Peter! I look forward to working with you again soon :)
Excellent! Apart from correcting all grammar mistakes, Abi also gave some good suggestions for further improvement.
Excellent work as always by Abigail. Highly recommend her.
Thanks again, Dilhan
Great work thank you
Abigail did an excellent job of proofreading a report for us. She was very responsive to emails and flexible with the schedule. Many thanks!