- Grays, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
I am a highly motivated and dedicated team player with good organizational, interpersonal,
communication, negotiation, analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.more...I am a highly motivated and dedicated team player with good organizational, interpersonal,
communication, negotiation, analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills. I possess a
broad based knowledge in many areas of computing. I have worked on number of systems/projects
within the fixed and Mobile Telecommunications. These include Resource Management Provisioning of Residential and Business Fixed lines, Electronic TopUp Systems, IVR, GSM and GPRS Billing, Amdocs ClarifyCRM, Geneva Customer Care & Billing System, SMS, Excalibur, UMTS Provisioning, MIXIT Price Plans, LLU, Music Streaming and Downloads. Overseeing and monitoring the delivery of work undertaken by less experienced staff and giving technical guidance to other personnel. I Work well under pressure and enjoy getting involved and able to demonstrate strong commitment and flexibility to any task set
I have up to 5 years experience in testing and I have used various test tools and also worked extensively on different Billing and CRM systems. I finished a role as a system test analyst where I worked on an online website which is a website developed corporate organizations to enable them purchase, upgrade and manage their account without having to go through a call centre agent. I was involved in the developing the test strategy, test plan from the requirement and technical spec and responsible for creating test script and execution of the test.
I was also responsible for Regression testing to ensure all bug fixes have not affected the way the system works. The site was also tested for navigation, browser compatibility; performance, load, stress etc and all defects found were clearly summarised, prioritised and assigned with screenshot and managed through to resolution. Am very comfortable with SQL and I have experience of various reporting tool.
Overall, I have developed excellent understanding of OSS for a complete CRM solution for Virtual network operators in the Mobile market. This encompasses Front end CRM systems, Web portals, billing and order fulfilment systems and external interface such as high-street retailer channels (EPOS) and network providers like Vodafone and T-Mobile. Technically Iâï¿½ï¿½ve gain remarkable understanding of Siebel CRM, Geneva Billing and Middleware technologies.
Area Covered: London and outside london
Work Experience Summary: • Good understanding of testing methodologies and environment.
• Motivated and I thrive on challenges.
• Ability to work on own initiative or as a member of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively with developers, technical infrastructure & business users.
• Flexible, willingly and able to adapt readily to varied technologies.
• Win NT 4.0 & 2000 professional and Server, Win 95, 98 & Win XP, Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Office 97, 2000 & XP,
• Environment: Unix Solaris, Java J2EE, Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0, .NET
• Oracle Toad 8.5.3, GMS (Oracle application Server 10g), SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000 RIS Server, Web Sphere, IBM Mainframe, Microsoft Office 97,2000,2003, SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Visual FoxPro 7.0 and 9.0, Visual SourceSafe 6.0, Internet Browsers: Internet Explorer & Netscape Communicator, Java Eclipse 3.1, Java 1.4.6, Mozilla FireFox 4.0, BizTalk, GEMS, TIBCO (Middleware Integration Product), TUXEDO, API (Application Programming Interface)
• Scripts: Shell, SQL & VB Script
• Browser Compatibility Test: Internet Explorer, Netscape & AOL
• Testing (System, Integration, Regression, Performance, Load, User Acceptance, ORT),
• Identification of priorities, risks, dependencies and development of test strategies
• Tools: Test Director, Quality Centre, Selenium, Win Runner, QTP, PVCS Testing tracker, Gemini project issue tracking version 2.0.3 ( NET Web • based project issue tracking system), ADMS (Bespoke Defect Tracking Tool) Silk Test, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0, Ultra Edit-32 Text Editor, Bugzilla defect tracking tool, IIP(Internet Imaging Protocol) 1.05
• Methodology & Development: V-Model, AGILE, SSADM, Data Flow diagrams, Waterfall, Cause and effect diagrams.
• Databases: Oracle9i, Oracle 11i, DB2, Access, Microsoft SharePoint Office Server,
• Application Server: BEA Weblogic, PL/SQL
• Migration Tools: Ab Inito, BBCT (Broadband Bulk Change Tool)
• Experience of a wide range of Web testing, including web portals, web interfaces and transactional websites.
• Knowledge of Insurance products, including pensions
• Ability to plan, schedule, prioritise tests
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Business Objects Info view
• Reporting Tools: Business Objects 6.5, Crystal Report 0.9, SVT (Single Version Of The Truth) Operational Reporting Tool
• Billing/Rating/CRM System: OSS (Operational Support Systems) Oracle Toad, Geneva Billing System, SingleView V6.00.17.01 Billing System, Cellcom Billing System (CBS), Kenan Billing System Siebel CRM, SAP CRM, Cerillion CRM Plus, Cordiant CRM, Connections (Bespoke CRM), Rachel Product Set-up/ Rating System, Gemini Billing System, Amdocs Clarify CRM Applications (CRM6), eCarisma, Remedy Ticketing System
IT SUPPORT SKILLS:
Knowledge of hardware and structure of personal computers, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, HTML code, CSS, UNIX, CRITIX, Internet, web and database security MySQL etc
Farenham College - Certificate in Media & Communication
Middlesex University • BA Media Studies
ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
VODAFONE • EDS&HP COMPANY (THEALE & NEWBURY)
SYSTEM/INTERGRATION TEST ANALYST
PROJECT: SCM (STRATEGIC CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT) PHASE B Nov 5 08 • Feb 09
This project focused on the Migration of customers into CRM6 test were carried out on both Migrated and Non- Migrated customers to ensure that the following order process: VCO - CARISMA - GEMINI still works for Non Migrated Customers while ensuring that the new order process: VCO • CARISMA • TIL • CARISMA • CRM6 • GEMINI works ok for Migrated customers without affecting the old process. Regression testing of the VCO environment was also carried out to prove the new functionality delivered in SCM Phase B. The following test process was carried out on the test environment and then carried out on eggshell and production environment for Go-Live testing
Sanity test - Test on the test environment to verify each integrated element and basic paths integrates
Functional Acceptance testing was carried out to ensure that the system functions correctly and has met the requirements documented and verification of the deployment process. Also carried out content validation testing to verify the online content run, display and interact with users, carried out Content Browsing Testing to check functionality and display.
Roll back testing • This is to ensure the capability of the product to go live without the change request
Go • Live Support • Provided support to the deployment team in testing the software in a live environment before the actual end users see it.
E2E • Database • Integration -Functional • End • to • End cross domain
VODAFONE • EDS&HP COMPANY (THEALE & NEWBURY)
MANUAL SYSTEM/INTERGRATION TEST ANALYST
PROJECT: GEMINI IN NEWBURY PROJECT OPERATIONAL SUPPORT SYSTEMS (GIN OSS) JULY 08 • NOV 08
The GIN OSS testing project is to ensure the operational support systems processors and applications are not adversely impacted by new GIN release (Gemini Billing System) being delivered by the project. Testing was carried out on the OSS (Operational Support Systems) to ensure that all the operational service support systems integrates successfully, these includes: Provisioning, Billing, Customer care systems, data warehousing, order management, Fraud Management, network elements and the network management systems.
• VCO (Vodafone Corporate Online) • Extranet provided by Vodafone for its corporate customers.
• Vision Online • eBilling application,
• Vodafone.co.uk • This is the retail and enterprise customer website for Vodafone UK, providing customers with registrations, self care and billing functionality.
• Carisma • is a mobile phone equipment management system designed and written specifically for Vodafone for ordering, despatching and delivery of all mobile phone equipment to corporate customers.
• SVAP (Strategic Vendor Automatic Platform) these applications enable Vodafone partners to automate business transactions by exchanging electronic messages with Vodafone. They are split into the following applications:
• SVAP Messenger • delivers same objectives as Frontier for certain dealers as a SOAP service.
• SVAP Frontier • The system captures orders and processes goods fulfilment and settlement for retail stores,
• Partner Frontier • The system delivers the same objectives as frontier for the dealer network instead of retail stores,
• SVAP Capture- The system delivers the same objectives as Frontier for customer contact centres instead of retail stores.
I was responsible for Functional Testing of the integrated OSS systems, functional and usage testing for core mobile handset application like SMS, call hold and transfer, Regression, Pre-Live, security and staging test. The above systems enables organizations, customers and call centre agents to purchase new equipments, upgrade existing equipment, recover faulty or stolen equipment, update account and user information on existing handsets, view a catalogue of all the equipment offered by Vodafone, view reports and access information on calls made by handsets within the customers organization, view unbilled calls from a specified handset and administration. Testing was carried out on the Vodafone web sites, which is basically an integrated e-CRM application involving major back office and fulfilment solutions. Customer service is via e-Care and e-Sales. The applications were functionally tested for application stability. System and integration testing was carried out on vcol.co.uk Internet as well as on the billing applications. Also carried out E2E test on the internal network servers utilized by VCO, which comprised of Clarify, Carisma and Gemini.
• Analysis of Business requirement
• Carried out Sanity test on the test environment to verify each integrated element and basic paths
• Carried out FAT (Functional Acceptance Test) to ensure that the entire system functions correctly and has met the requirements documented
• Creation of Test Plan
• Creation of Test Scripts
• Used Quality Centre to develop and run tests
• Carried out FAT to verify the design
• Ensure all business and system requirements are covered
• Ensure that the system behaves as expected
• Verify the deployment process
• Ensure the system is fit for purpose
• Identification of faults and use of risk management
• Carried out Regression testing on all bug fixing to ensure that the fix has not created any adverse effect in the system
• Logged, prioritised and track all defects in Quality Centre
CARPHONE WAREHOUSE (NORTH ACTON)
GROUP REVENUE ASSURANCE
UAT BILLING & BUSINESS INFORMATION ANALYST (JAN 28TH 08 • MAY 08)
Responsible for preparing and drafting test conditions, test scripts, test cases, test plans and manipulating data. Involved in various projects, which includes, Testing of MVNO Products, Introduction of New Tariffs, Talk Mobile Hybrid Launch, Introduction of O2 Web Capping, BT Wholesale Calls Project, Testing and Coordinating the Migration Process of CPS Customers to WCLI etc. One of the projects was the Bulk Migration of existing standard IPStream customers to DSLMAX, which offers up to 8MBPS bandwidth better than 2MBPS offered by IPStream. The DSLMAX Project involves selecting existing customers on Q3 (Free Broadband customer provisioned onto WLR/IPS and queued for LLU) and Q4 IPS,(Paying broadband customer provisioned onto WLR/IPS, customers migrated to LLU & Free Broadband when exchange is unbundled) with the network provided by CPWN, customers were batch loaded for provisioning into BBCT,(Broadband Bulk Change Tool) the BBCT reports and run the bulk change tool based on the status of the DSLMAX customers. Also UAT the image and descriptive information communicated over the network connection. Also responsible for the migration process from Cellcom Billing system to Kenan Billing System
• Coordinated the test process and responsible for test documentation
• Tested the product information website in the Broadband help and support section to ensure update is reflected
• End to End test to take DSLMAX right through to an account disconnection and MAC Code Migration to another provider to check that the system handles this correctly
• Test to ensure new customers can be provisioned on DSLMAX
• Testing the Migration process of friendly CLIs from CPWN Network to BT
• Testing of call Bars post and pre Migration
• Communicated effectively and regularly with business owners to ensure that testing was in scope with the business functional and technical requirements
• Identified requirements to be tested and define a set of test conditions, which will meet the system test objectives as defined in the Build Test Strategy.
• Organize test cases into test scripts, which maximizes coverage and ensures that all tests are executed efficiently
• Used Test Director to develop test cases and to run tests
• Perform User Acceptance Testing of the Billing Systems (CBS) and Kenan Billing System
• Performed Integration Testing on the new Kenan Billing System
• Performed User Acceptance Testing of the point of sale system (PIE)
• Created CDR (Call Detail Records) and FDR (Feature Data Records for SMS) files using Ultra Edit-32 Text Editor
• Performed testing on product set-up and rating.
• Carried out user acceptance testing on application software. Producing Test scripts from user requirements and functional specification
• End to end testing on Windows and Unix Client/Server and PC based application
• Used manual and automated tool extensively to develop, enhance and execute test scripts.
• Produced comprehensive test documentation and test deliverables for all test stages.
• Other tasks carried out included the Production of Test strategy
• Development of Test plans
• QA test process through to execution
• Hands on acceptance and integration testing
• Carried out pre and post implementation testing
• Produce weekly test execution progress report
• Logged, Prioritised and tracked errors using Bugzilla defect management tool
• Carried out regression on new fixes
EUPHONY COMMUNICATIONS (BASINGSTOKE)
MANUAL SYSTEM/INTEGRATION/BUSINESS OBJECTS TEST ANALYST (SEP 06 • 5TH NOV 07)
Responsible for the preparation and execution of end-to-end system testing of Strategic Commissions and CRM (Connections/Cerillion) Systems (Customer Care and Billing - TOAD). Testing within a windows environment, using relational database, production of test plan/cases/scripts for testing a range of Provisioning, Customer Care, Billing, Commissions and Financial Systems within a Telecom environment. The project entailed understanding all phases of testing - unit, integration, platform and acceptance testing. Also Responsible for testing KPI report for new Business Consultant activity, qualification, eligibility, usage targets and commission percentage. Business Object. Info view provided complete viewing and interaction for query, analysis, reporting and performance of the Business Consultants
• Test Director 8 used for writing test scripts recording and monitoring of defects and issues
• Ran Shell Scripts on multiple UNIX machine to test bandwidth across ISP servers
• Transfer of test conditions and requirements from Excel spreadsheet to Test Director using the Import facility
• System testing of changes to the existing in housed Legacy Systems
• Reviewed all test scripts and obtain acceptance and sign-off from all required parties and ensure that test cases and test scripts cover all needs of data migration requirements and interface requirements to and from existing legacy systems
• Performed End to End testing of in house software, Performed End to End testing of vendor software
• Maintenance of Test Data pack
• Working from SOR, Functional Spec, Technical Spec
• Produced System Test Plan, Produced System test Scripts, Produced CDR files
• Produced Weekly progress report
• Execute test scripts in specific areas of the new system and liasing with core development teams as necessary
• Log and prioritise defects and ensuring severity is assigned appropriately
• Ensured that issues are logged and re-tested when resolved and ensuring that the applications are at the required quality standard and able to be released in line with key milestone dates as shown on the project plan
• Perform system testing of various screens (forms), reports and PL/SQL programs in bespoke modules
• Perform system re-testing and regress all fixes to be integrated on custom-built Business Object reports
• Produced Test Completion Report
• Reporting back to Test Lead and Project Manager on progress and outstanding defects
• Prepared QA plan used to monitor capacity, time worked, progress made, task slippage, interaction with other teams and allocation of work
• Providing UAT support assistance to the UAT testers.
• Developed list of requirement from Business Objects specification document
• Identify minimum number of test case combination for requirement coverage in test requirement matrix
• Developed test scripts using matrix with one or more script relating to one or more test cases, depends on whether the report is stand • alone or a booklet of results
• Queried database to retrieve expected results
• Writing SQL queries to test database level
• Execute Scripts
• Update test script run control spreadsheet
• Add any issues to the defect spreadsheet and assign to relevant parties
• Retest changes and update test script run control spreadsheet
• Providing full support for pilot users and feeding this into the application project testing database
TERADYNE DIAGNOSTIC SOLUTIONS (MANCHESTER)/FORD MOTORS (DUNTON). INTEGRATION TEST ENGINEER (SEPT 05 • MAR 06)
Responsible for Integration and System testing of an Automotive Diagnostic application. Integration tests were carried out to validate that different parts of the application interacts according to the design system. Teradyne are the market leaders in the Automotive Integrated Diagnostic Solutions Industry (IDS) their core telemetric product GradeX are the industry standard and used by most top car manufacturing companies. GradeX is logically divided into two environments, Authoring and Runtime. The authoring environment provides an integrated environment whereby skilled engineers can design executable decision tables and symptom maps that will be used within the runtime environment to diagnose faults codes delivered via vehicles communication module (VCM) and/or vehicle measurement module (VMM) by way of a probability weighting. My job has been to test this functionality.
• Performed System test to validate that the delivered system conforms with all documented requirements
• Performed integration test on different modules, which interface with each other, testing between delivered modules of live external systems with which the modules will be required to interface operationally.
• Developed test scripts from functional requirements
• Author test scripts from functional Use Case specification
• Performed Negative Test to prove that the delivered system does not meet all documented requirements
• Carried Out Retest and Regression tests on all bug fixes
• Performed Navigation Test to ensure that valid paths thought the delivered system result in the correct destination
• Performed Resilience Test, which focuses on the behaviour of the software in the event of failure (error conditions).
• Produced templates for test scripts and test cases
• Reviewed & summarized complex technical documentation’s
• Logged, Prioritised and tracked errors using ADMS an in house defect management system.
• Migration of Test Documentation from Access Database to Test Director
• Testing of Vehicle Communication Module
System/Integration Test Analyst (Aug 04 - Aug 05)
Responsible for carrying out Integration and System tests for the businesses billing and customer care application. End-to-End Integration tests were carried out to validate that multiple parts of the system interact according to the design system. Manual tests were carried out on both Windows/NT and Unix Platforms using the V Model testing Methods.
Roles and responsibilities
- Analyzing and interpreting Business and System requirements
- Involved in setting up the test environment, determining test processes and defining test data
- Developed a Test plan, Test conditions and test cases in relations to functional specifications and business requirements and ensuring that all test data required for testing are in place before the commencement of tests
- Attending project reviews and meetings with developers and Business Analysts to achieve high quality results
- Carrying out Integration tests to establish connectivity between all applications, units and components and confirming accurate transfer of data between file systems
- Used Test Director to develop test cases and to run tests
- Carried out tests in accordance to the test plan ensuring that all tight and changing deadlines are met.
- Using Test Director defect manager to log all faults and manage defects in order to ensure effective and timely resolution of problems
IT Support, Network Administrator Nov 03 • Jul 04
• Assist with purchase orders for hardware and software procurement. Troubleshoot network usage and computer peripherals. Installing new applications.
• Performing system backups and data recovery.
• Resolving network communication problems independently. Assisting with PC installation, maintenance, E-mail administration, disc capacity monitoring and network security
• Web administration and supervision over the local computer network
• 2nd line support.
• Troubleshoot TCP/IP connectivity between computers on a Windows network. Overall operational responsibility for the office Internet web site.
Helpdesk Desk Analyst / 1st • 2nd Line Support • Aug 01 • Apr 03
• Responsible for providing 1st / 2nd line support of up to 2000 Users on NT platform, Office 97/2000, Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 98/2000 . General user queries involving password resets, printing issues, data restores, unable to find files and directories, etc.
• Logged all calls by offering good listening and customer service skills for telephone support.
• 85% resolution by providing assistance to maximum potential before escalating call to 3rd line support.
• Providing basic support Ms Applications.
• Ensuring SLA’s are met.
• Monitoring of loan equipments such as Laptop, RAS Card etc.
Education Summary: Fareham College - Certificate in Media & Communication
Middlesex University âï¿½ï¿½ BA Media Studies
ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
SOFTWARE TESTING/IT SUPPORT/HELPDESK