- Dubai, AE
- £17 /hr
- Available now
I\'m an advertising Senior Arabic translator /copywriter; I\'ve been working as an Arabic translator /copywriter for more than 20 years. Along the way, I\'ve writtenmore...I\'m an advertising Senior Arabic translator /copywriter; I\'ve been working as an Arabic translator /copywriter for more than 20 years. Along the way, I\'ve written and translated print ads, brochures, sales kits, websites, press releases, radio spots, and television commercials. I\'ve worked for leading ad agenciesin Oman and Dubai. I\'m a talented translator, I write ad copy that flat-out and gets results. I am fast, professional, and passionate about doing good work.
Area Covered: All areas of Arabic/English translation/Copywriting
Work Experience Summary: Relevant Experience
1997 to present
Company: Team/Young & Rubicam M.E - Dubai
(The Middle East\'s largest multinational advertising agency)
Position held: Arabic Copywriter/Translator
Team/Y&R is an extremely creatively driven agency so everything I do has to reflect this whether it be conceptualizing my own Arabic copy or just translating. In essence I am required to write, translate and conceptualize creative through-the-line marketing solutions (from print ads to press releases, newsletters, brochures, catalogs billboards, bus ads, packaging, point-of-purchase, promotions, radio/TV commercials, slogans, tag lines and websites). I am also involved in creative direction on specific campaigns. Prestigious accounts include:
Company: Advertising International (ADINC)
Position held: Arabic Copywriter/Head of the Arabic Sell
I was promoted to ADINC, a leading ad agency and subsidiary of the prestigious Omer Zawawi Establishment Group (OMZEST). My job was to write, translate and conceptualize creative through-the-line marketing solutions and assist in the production/editing of, radio/TV commercials (In-house studio) for more than 30 prestigious group accounts including:
Al Amal Industries (Babies diapers)
Al Wardha (Footwear & Leather Products)
Amiantit Oman (Water storage)
Areej Vegetable (Oils & Derivatives)
Decorative Glass (Manufacturing)
National Detergent Company
National Heaters Industries
Oman Textile Mills
Oman Pumps Manufacturing
Reem Batteries & Power Appliances (Manufacturing)
Mezoon Travel LLC (Travel Agency)
Oman International Bank SAOG Â’
Bishara Establishment (Xerox)
Muscat Cold Stores (Lurpak)
Oman Mechanical Services (SUZUKI)
Zawawi Trading Company (Mercedes Benz)
Company: Reem Batteries & Power Appliances (O.S.C) part of Omer Zawawi Establishment Group (OMZEST)- The first and the only battery factory in the Gulf.
Position held: Administration/Liaison Officer/Translator/Secretary for the Board of Directors
I had the honor of working closely with the Chairman and a specialized team of just 6 people on the companyâï¿½ï¿½s important reviving project (1988-1992) during which I was lucky enough to have exposure to a number of different areas of responsibility including:
- Supporting the GM in all his dealings with various government departments (particularly obtaining licenses and approvals)
- Arranging and attend the necessary meetings for the Chairman and GM with the highly authorized government persons.
- Writing official letters for Chairman/GM.
- Arranging meetings for the board of directors, preparing minutes and drafting resolutions.
- Arrangements of the Annual General and Extra Ordinary General Meetings, including announcements in the official gazette and local press.
- Preparation and invitation of the shareholders to the same. Drafting and announcing the minutes and the resolutions.
- Keeping all the above-mentioned and the (900) shareholdersâï¿½ï¿½ files and records.
- Capital increase subscription processing including shares allotments.
- Representing the company in various conferences, seminars, events and exhibitions (Qatar, Bahrain, Iran).
Company: Leema Publishing/Adverteam - Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
A pioneer publishing est. and advertising agency
Position held: Translator/ Co-coordinator/Arabic Copywriter
I started off selling the in-house publicationsâï¿½ï¿½ advertising spaces including: The first Oman Trading Guide, The First Oman Tourist Guide, Oman Automotive Guide, GCC Conference Exhibition Directory and periodicals such as Health & Beauty Guide, BBME Newsletter & Oman Sheraton Newsletter. My responsibilities increased including:
- Translation of the above publications into Arabic
- Supervision/coordination with printing press houses
- Creating Arabic copy advertising writing for our subsidiary, ADVERTEAM (the pioneer advertising agency in Muscat) in the following: creative ad campaigns, branding, brochures, promotions, radio/TV commercials, slogans, tag lines, mailers, newsletters, outdoor, point-of-purchase, press releases, copy editing and proofreading.
- Mohsin Haider Darwish (Jaguar)
- Oman Sheraton
Company: Roral Water Corporation- Ministry of energy and mining, Khartoum
Position held: Administration Executive
Responsibilities: Wide variety of administrative duties
Education Summary: - Reports and Proposals Writing, Sudan Management Institute, Khartoum
- Quality control management, Oman Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Arabic/English Translation: Institute of International Law âï¿½ï¿½ Dubai, UAE
- Arabic/English Translation: American University of Sharjah âï¿½ï¿½ Sharjah, UAE