Extra notes: I manage the editing of a quarterly association magazine and require the quarterly service of copy editors who have passion for writing, a sharp eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
I am looking for copy editors to ensure articles are free of errors, easy to read and conform to the publication's style; full list of duties include:
• checking text to ensure it is well written and logically structured
• correcting grammar and spelling
• ensuring the text is in line with our editorial guidelines
• checking facts and raise queries with the author
• looking out for potential legal problems and discuss them with the Managing Editor
• checking illustrations and captions are correct.
• adding headlines and introductory paragraphs to articles
• additional writing opportunities as and when required.
The magazine has an Editorial Guideline but we are (eventually) in need of a tailored style guide for the magazine. The sector of the magazine is Building Economics – seasonable themes have included but are not limited to; Megaprojects, sustainability, women in construction, young quantity surveyors, technology, BIM etc. Having a background in these areas is not essential. (Please note, I am based in Australia and can respond to this post during AEDT office hours - I look forward to hearing from you)
Stephanie M.100% (1)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
I'd also like to know word count please
Hi Stephanie, please could you provide an approximate average word count for the magazines. It is very difficult to quote accurately without this information. Thank you.