• Review and proofread proceedings chapters for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, punctuation errors, and formatting inconsistencies.
• Ensure the accuracy and clarity of the content by correcting syntax, sentence structure, and overall readability.
• Verify and ensure adherence to specified style guidelines, citation formats, and other formatting requirements.
• Identify and rectify any inconsistencies in terminology, abbreviations, and references.
• Collaborate effectively with authors and editors to address any questions or concerns regarding the content or language usage.
• Provide constructive feedback to authors and editors, suggesting improvements to enhance the quality and coherence of the proceedings chapter.
• Maintain confidentiality and adhere to ethical standards, particularly in relation to plagiarism and intellectual property rights.
• Meet deadlines and manage time effectively to ensure timely completion of assigned proofreading tasks.
• Proven experience as a proofreader or copy editor, preferably in an academic or scientific context. Having experience in business and economic studies for proofreading.
• Exceptional proficiency in English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to identify and correct errors effectively.
• Familiarity with academic writing conventions, citation styles (e.g., APA, MLA), and formatting guidelines.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to provide clear and constructive feedback to authors and editors.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficiency in using digital proofreading tools, style guides, and reference materials.
• A keen interest in academia, research, and scholarly publications.
• The proofreader will be compensated on a per-paper basis, with a fixed fee per proceedings chapter.
Note: Please include any relevant portfolio or samples of your previous proofreading work along with your application.
We look forward to welcoming dedicated and skilled Proceedings Chapter Proofreaders who are passionate about maintaining the integrity and quality of academic publications.
The word count is between 3000-6000 words.
Login to your account and send a proposal now to get this project.Log in
Clarification Board Ask a Question
£8 fixed price for 3000-6000 words, for an experienced academic/technical expert? Who are you expecting to bid? £8 would be too low per 1000 words!
Your budget is an absolute joke. Come back when you've added nought and doubled it.
Are you sure you are not looing for a comedian with this laughable budget? And you have the nerve to ask qualifying questions as if it was a major project!
Can I get a chance?