Kind of development: New website from scratch
Description of requirements/features: PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE ONLY LOOKING TO UK BASED FREELANCERS.
Thanks for taking the time to read our job. We’re looking for a freelance Wordpress developer to help us out on a long-term ongoing basis with various websites.
After being in the freelance game ourselves for years, we formed our company 2 years ago and have since grown rapidly – hence the need to bring on freelancers to help out with the workload.
We’re looking for a developer who can become a vital part of our team and that understands our processes for getting things done. In return, we’ll be able to offer you regular work and you’ll still be able to happily work from home and enjoy a nice work/life balance.
When it comes to our development standards, we try our best to make things as lean and efficient as possible and we’d need any potential developer to understand a few bits of that without us having to train them-:
• Obviously, the main things are that you understand HTML, CSS and, to some extent, JQuery
• We’ll also take it as a pre-requisite that you’ll know your way around Wordpress development and PHP as a programming language in general
In addition to that, we need someone with a knowledge of the following systems:
• NPM, Git, Gulp and Bower – we rely massively on these tools to speed up production and to ensure that sites are easy to go back and edit in the future should we need to
• Advanced Custom Fields – we use Advanced Custom Fields mainly to make things easier for our clients and so we’ll need any potential developers to use the system to maintain consistency
In terms of our process, it generally looks something like this:
• We’ll plan out the website and put together a spec document which will cover the sitemap, templates required, functionality needs and the content types of the website – this means that everything is clear for you (we know what it used to be like as freelancers working with some nightmarish clients!)
• We’ll include wireframes for the different templates in the spec document
• We’ll add you to the project in basecamp to keep everything neat and tidy
• We’ll give you access to the concepts for the different parts of the site so you know exactly how we want it to look
• We’ve developed a barebones base theme using Roots Sage and then we’ve added in some bits of functionality of our own – this is available on github and you’ll be able to download this to your development server. This cuts off a big chunk of the development time we’ve found.
• You crack on with development and just let us know when you’re done with it!
The websites shouldn’t be anything too complex for someone who knows what they’re doing – we tend to sell sites at a ratio of about 80% simple brochure style sites and 20% ecommerce (although we’re constantly looking to push this more to 50/50).
We’ll require a non-disclosure agreement to be signed before we take anybody on and you’ll need to ask our express permission if you wanted to use any of our projects to show to a client etc.
If this sounds like the sort of thing you’re interested in then please send us a bit of information about you, let us know that you know your way around the tools we’ve described and send us some examples of your work.
From there we’ll look to interview on Skype just to check we’re a good fit and we have a project ready which will allow us to get a feel for how we work together (you’ll obviously be paid for this). If you do a good job then we should be able to send you regular work and build a good relationship with you.
You’ll also be invited down to company events so you can mix with the rest of the team.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Specific technologies required: Wordpress, Gulp, Git, NPM, Bower
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this job.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Please let me know if still available?
Are you in a rush or flexible on deadline?
How many hours/ projects per week would you be looking at?
Hi, I'm a full time .NET developer with a good deal of experience front end (html, css, jQuery, some angular) I'm looking to transition to freelancing with wordpress. I have experience configuring wordpress and tweaking themes but I'm not a PHP developer (yet)
Just wanted to see if I would be applicable :)
Would you be interested in a (currently living in UK) Romanian national who actually knows english to be living in the UK and who loves what he's doing, but can also bring server and security knowledge to the table?