FYI - There is a couple of sites that are similar sites doing the same - www.stillwhite.com but they focus on wedding dresses only, I focus on it all or another one www.sellmywedding.com
which is lovely but more personal plus they also charge to post, whereas I think I want a free for all and introduce advertising options – yet this is still something I need to decide.
I would like the site to be a bit like Etsy, ebay, amazon, souq.com (Dubai related), Dubizzle.com (Dubai related) or ASOS…for searching, easy for posting items up.
I would love for you to take a look at the site from an outsider’s point of view and tell me what you think and how we can make it better. You might see clearly areas which can be developed/changed to be made better.
From my point of view, I feel the following areas need to be edited/looked into:
• The process to upload photos is not as slick, can’t upload more than 1 photo at once.
• A rolling carousel of new items listed to the site needs to be added onto the first page to gain more interest and a lower bounce rate. The front page is a bit boring at present, needs something catchy to gain click through rates and interest.
• The sign in / registration could look better and have a better customer journey, I think it’s a bit mixed up/confusing.
• I will need to add a video on ‘how to sign up’ / ‘hot to post an item’ ‘how to add portfolio’ etc to make it easy for users. Allowances for this.
• Email notification when a product is listed, this shows the listed product and option to share across social media pages.
• I would like to add on a feature for Ikea wedding hacks, so people can post their own wedding hacks up. This would be a feature to add on at a later date.
• On-going contract for bugs, fixes and updates as and when these are needed – cost effective solution.
• I will want to introduce advertising features to gain some revenue but my main aim is to get the website as slick as it can be for now, then look revenue and other options.
• SEO options and how to make this better.
My main aim is to get the site, slicker, easier to use and better. I am not 100% at the moment.
Added to this, once I am happy with the format for this, I have another site that I would like to set up, which will be the same concept, just different items. This is another site I would like to look at working on.
I am more than happy to have a chat with you about this at any time, I am aware that I may have given you an information overload on this.
Elly C.0% (0)
Elly's other projects
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Are you looking just for input with regards to the site design and potential features or also development work to create and extend the site following the review/insights offered if they meet your approval?