• We are currently looking for solicitors to join our team in various UK locations to attend Magistrates Court for council tax & rates liability order cases .
• We are a legal office that will be representing individuals and large corporate and smaller property companies from around England and Wales in rating -domestic and non domestic rates.
• The fee is £200 for each client that we act for whose case, appears in the bulk list, together with travel time and fares for attendance.
• The areas we are presently working in which we have no permanent representation are;
•Blackpool, •Birmingham, •Durham, • Essex, • Liverpool, • Manchester •Preston, • Wolverhampton
• We have already established a network of solicitor agents around the UK over the last several years and are now due to a new business strategy in the practice, looking to form permanent associates, under a nationwide umbrella.
• We are rolling this out into the specific regional areas listed due to support our client base where there is no dedicated permanent support..
• An applicant does not have to be from the listed areas but any area that is reasonable travelling distance to those areas.
• The strategy is building a solicitor rating law network, that covers every region and district with members who have a knowledge of magistrate courts, and are able to appear at court approximately one to four times per month. The court attendance will obviously vary on how many billing authorities (local council’s) use a particular magistrate court .
• The role will initially be to attend and put to a Bench that the summons proceedings in the application for a liability order is defended. This will apply for rates cases (non-domestic) businesses mainly, but on some occasions also council tax cases (domestic rates) i.e. pub landlords.
• If the applicant does not have a current solicitor practising certificate we will be able to discuss other options and roles or assisting with the fee for a certificate. The successful applicant will be registered as a member with our office.
Pamela G.0% (0)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Hi, do you think you could outline the regional areas for me? Do you have need in the Manchester/ North West and North East area? I already deal with court and Tribunal work in these regions.Pamela G.10 Nov 2018
Hello , thank you for getting in contact . Sorry I cant set out more than Pamela has . She is dealing with this but is on sick leave The locations you have mentioned are were some of our landlord clients are based
I believe to progress this, if you could send us a very basic CV with contact details I can pass it on to her .