Description of requirements/functionality: We need to get words or phrases from a spreadsheet format, into a specific format where they can be individually cut using a plotter cutter. Please see two images of the starting point and end point of what we require.
please see video tutorial, after 2 minutes, of our current workflow process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRrd6frRVsk&feature=youtu.be
See extra notes for a written description of our current process
Extra notes: Setting Up Custom Names
1) The test is copied into adobe illustrator from a spreadsheet. Each line of the spreadsheet represents one 'phrase'
2) The correct font is selected and the size is set to a minimum size (normally 200pts) for all lettering
3) If you have more than one word in the phrase and the text exceeds 300mm wide, they are put over 2 or even 3 lines
4) If any words still exceed over 300mm after this point, that entire phrase is shrunk down to 300mm maximum, keeping all of the wording in that phrase in proportionate size
5) The text is centrally justified
6) The text is then outlined to vectors
7) the text in each phrase is all grouped together individually
8) all items are selected and add new stroke is clicked under the appearance window
9) convert to shape, and then rectangle is clicked under the fx panel in the appearance window - extra width and extra height are both set to 3mm
10) The objects are horizontally aligned left
11) the top object is set as a key object, and vertical distribute space is clicked with a setting of 6.25mm
12) The objects are selected down from the top object until they reach 460mm from there (maximum), and all these objects are grouped
13) the objects below are selected down until 460mm from the top object, and grouped. This group is then moved to the right slightly
14) this next group is then selected with the group above selected as a key object, distribute spacing horizontal is clicked, with the setting still at 6.25mm
15) vertical align top is then selected
16) steps 12-15 are repeated a further 2 times
17) these four lines of objects are then grouped
18) step 11 is then repeated and 12-16 then repeated, until all of the lettering has been grouped and arranged in lines of four
Robert J.100% (1)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
budget is quite low as per the project description and detail if you are willing to raise it then welcome.
the video on youtube does not work, is there anywhere else I could watch it ?
This video has been removed because it was too long.