Description of requirements/functionality:
1. Script needs to reed data from CV files and copy contact details into a predefined Excel sheet
2. Number of files are stored in a given folder
3. Those files are Word/PDF format
4. File names are mostly represented in “firstname_lastname.***” format
5. The details to extract from CV files are
d. Mobile number
e. Email address
f. Graduation year
g. Degree name + University name
6. *Note* - each CV can be different and relevant contact details may be stored in Header/Footer of the document hence the script would probably need to convert all files into a more friendly format.
7. Script needs to be ‘smart’ enough to cater for many formatting scenarios
8. Some details will be easier to extract than others – like 1st name or email address.
9. I would like to automate it as much as possible and develop logic to copy as many details as possible
10. Needs to work on Mac (I am using standard MS Office package for Mac)
I will provide example input/output file.
OS requirements: Mac OS
Michal F.90% (2)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this job.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
would a Python script be good for you? Are you comfortable running Python scripts?
LucyMichal F.06 Apr 2017
Yes anything that does the job correctly will do.
could you please provide the sample input / output files as mentioned?
PetrMichal F.06 Apr 2017
Please see the files attached.
how many CV you have?Michal F.06 Apr 2017
The number is irrelevant. The script must be repeatable (with a manualy specified input folder - the folder name will change as dates move on e.g. CV_06042017 etc.). One time it will be 100 CVs the next day it will be 200 CVs.Md. Sholyman A.06 Apr 2017
Thanks for reply.
could you please provide 2 or 3 sample CV and output file?