I run a small educational charity which operates a subscription service to schools. As part of the subscription, schools can download documents such as PowerPoint files, Word docs and PDFs.
- We would like to protect the documents so they expire when a subscription ends
- We would also like to ensure that subscribers cannot extract the information from the documents (for example, extract video files from the PowerPoint presentations)
- Ideally, the expiration dates will be specific to each subscriber. Alternatively, it would also be viable to deploy just one expiration date for all users (eg the end of the school year)
- Ideally, we want to avoid the end-user (classroom teachers) having to change the way that they access their resources. The process for the end-user has to be hidden.
- We have looked into deploying Microsoft Azure Information Protection on our documents
- As we don't have IT experts within our small business, we are not sure whether this is the right solution.
- If Azure is the way to go, we would like to recruit an experienced freelancer who can deploy this system for us.
Thinking Outside the Box...
- I am happy to think outside the box in terms of how we share our documents with subscribers. However, schools tend to have dated hardware and software, so we can't get too jazzy...
- We value freelance workers and consider anyone who works for us on a freelance basis as being part of our team. We hope to find good people who are skilled at their jobs and who will become regular freelance staff members, so the relationship we have with you matters just as much as the quality of service that you offer.
- At the same time, we're a family-run charity with limited resources, so we expect great value-for-money. We are happy to pay for quality but expect efficiency, integrity and honesty.
Fee and Applying...
- We would like our freelancer to quote a fixed price for the job
- This will require further communication between us to ascertain the exact nature of the job and our needs, so if you are interested in applying, please tell us a little bit about you, and please ask further questions so you are fully informed about the nature of the work.
Martin O.0% (0)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Is it possible to test the current system?
Maybe I am missing something here but... if you are allowing the to download the documents then how would an expiration to access the documents help satisfy your needs?
Looking forward to your reply in earnest ;-)
JohnMartin O.13 Oct 2018
It's a programme of study that users will return to year-on-year. By rescinding access to essential files, users will have to resubscribe. That's the plan...
Hope that helps,