For you to gain an initial idea of what we do and how our business works, please have a look at our website www.sylviagrey.co.uk
The way we bill our clients is quite traditional and simple. Each of our clients have a number of orders each day. Each order corresponds to one hotel Guest or one Member of Staff, depending on what we receive. Both hotel guests and staff are billed on two different accounts and each of these accounts is billed a different way in terms of data entry. You will find this self explanatory when you have a look at our system.
Each day our office assistant enters each order onto the system. Each account then generates an invoice each day, some accounts generate more than one if some separation is required (ie. when we make multiple deliveries to clients as opposed to one or if we require separate invoices for separate departments). The data entered is different for Guest orders and Staff Uniform orders. For Guest orders we enter a Mark Number (number of the laundry/dry-cleaning ticket used), followed by Room Number, Name and Number of Items processed. For Staff Uniform orders we enter a Docket Number, followed by a Department abbreviation and abbreviated Mark Number, Name and Number of Items processed. The number of items processed begins with quantity followed by abbreviation of the name of the item. For example, we would enter 5 Blouses as '5blo'.
Some major improvements we would like are;
- To have the ability of not abbreviating department names
- To not have the need to abbreviate mark numbers for staff uniforms
- To be able to generate sales summaries as PDF and not have to print them
- To have a breakdown by department option when invoicing so that we are no longer required to create separate invoices to do this manually
- To have department breakdowns on sales summaries as an option
- To be able to print invoices with a desirable layout, font etc on plain paper (we currently have pre-printed carbon paper with our layout to print invoices)
- To be able to generate delivery notes without prices displayed on them, where we can print invoices related to the same delivery notes and attach them to the back (this will avoid employees seeing prices charged to clients)
I can provide you with images of our system and the types of materials we use to enter order details onto the system.
This project has been in the planning for a while. Please let me know of the timescales we can expect in having this project completed and also the costs involved.
I and the team look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Thank you for your invitation, this does look like something I can help you with.
Would it be possible to get a copy of your Access app? I would be happy to spend some time , at no charge or obligation to you, reviewing your app and costing out the changes you have listed so I can provide you with an more accurate estimate?.
I'm out of the office until Monday (apologies for the slightly slow response) but if you are happy to let me take a look perhaps we can arrange for you to put a copy of the application on DropBox or something similar so I can download it early next week?