Kind of development: New program from scratch
Description of every module: I receive trading signals via email throughout the day and would like to automate the raising of orders through my brokers API. Api is fully documented and has full testing platform.
Description of requirements/functionality: 1. Application reads the email and looks for bullet-points within it to raise any orders listed.
2. If application cannot process the email then it notifies me that email could not be processed
3. Order is placed into the db for processing
3. Orders raised against account at the rate that i set in the db i.e size = 1
4. The db will contain detail of each product to raise as there is an expiry time that needs to be set for certain products. It will also contain table of products to ignore the signals for
5. I would like user account details for broker access stored in the db so that the system can raise the orders in multiple accounts.
CMS and Admin requirements: Would like to be able into web interface to manage the settings stored in the db and also see what orders have been created
Specific technologies required: would like it to be hosted in Microsoft Azure using Azure SQL DB as i understand this technology
Tom J.100% (4)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Attachment has been corrupted.
Are you okay to develop it in ASP.NET?
Look forward to hearing back from you.
Is it possible to see a sample email, and a link to the API in question?
JamesTom J.04 Nov 2016
Api is https://labs.ig.com/rest-trading-api-guide
Which email client do you use?
I would presume speed is important, what would you class as acceptable for the time between email coming in through to purchase?
Jason TrotterTom J.04 Nov 2016
I do not want to use my email client i would like to application to read from pop3 box.
It would be acceptable to check the mailbox every 1 minute for new emailsJason T.04 Nov 2016
What I was wondering about is the time for the whole process, this will help me to identify the best architecture for the application.
The steps I see for a standard email are as follows, this excludes any issues of special cases outlined in your description. How long would you like this process to take?
Email into the inbox
Email picked up and signals identified
Order request added to the DB
Order placed with the Broker via the API