My business supplies staff to the events industry, we often operate in fields with limited connectivity so the app must be able to be used offline. Each event has between 10-1000 staff on site working across 1-30 different outlets. Often we do not find out what the start and finish times for staff, or which outlet they will be working at until the event day.
In summary, I would like to be able to import a staff list to the app prior to each event, then use the app to record when the member of staff arrives on site, then keep a running total of how many people have arrived on site, broken down by who they work for (5 companies maximum normally). The staff would normally camp on site so at this stage we would just be recording that they have arrived and no recording of hours is necessary. I plan to have a tablet with the app loaded at each outlet, so when a member of staff arrives at the outlet the manager would select their outlet, type the member of staffs name (as they type it would be looked up within the preloaded staff list) and click "Sign in" this would then record the time the member of staff signed in. Following this each member of staff would be allocated a break during their shift, we need to be able to record their break start and finish time, and lastly their shift finish time.
- Events (adding an event, seeing an overview of how many staff are registered and how many are signed in on each outlet, adding outlets to an event, adding names of managers to each outlet)
- Staff (importing list of staff per event, the list will be unique per event and does not require a database of staff to be kept, it will need to record staff name, employer and unique identifier
- Timekeeping (here an outlet can be selected and members of staff signed in and out/break sign in and out)
- Users (users need to be added easily and 2 levels of authority are required, admins should be able to see all events, users should only be able to see events that are assigned to them)
- Accreditation (within each event, needs to hold the staff list and be able to mark people as they come on site, whilst keeping a running total of how many people are on site broken down by employer, also need to be able to add people that are missed off the imported list)
There would also need to be the functionality to export the data post event into excel (data required - name, employer, outlet name, date, start time, break start time, break finish time, total hours.
Each event will run for a number of days so the system should let the user set the days and dates of the event and each staff member may work multiple shifts in one day.
During the event I need to be able to register staff when they arrive the day before, see how many staff have arrived broken down by their employer, sign staff in and out and record break times, see how many staff are signed into each outlet at any one time,
Post event I need to be able to export all of this information to send to the relevant employers for payroll (name, company, date of shift, start and finish time, break times, total hours. There should also be the option per event to include or exclude breaks in the total hours.
If you are applying for this project please include details of other projects that you have worked on and an estimate of overall cost, or your hourly rate and expected number of hours.
The app should be easy to use and branded with my company logos etc
Steve B.100% (3)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
A project of this nature will probably require some on-site meetings, so where in the UK are you based? I am in London.
Hi Steve, Would you prefer an IoT solution? A totally new kind of solution with least hassle. The staff don't need to log any data/ or punch in any RFID/NFC card, yet you will have all the data you need plus extra data about their presence at various other locations in the event.
I hope you are doing well!!
First of all I would appreciate your concept. I have been through the details of your project and I am very positive about its success.
Just to confirm, do you also want the GEO code location for that particular staff person, I mean location of your staff member?
This sounds like a very interesting project. I have written a mobile app for events for scanning delegates (in your case staff) in and out of an event (hall, arena etc), using RFID cards. Staff just touch-IN and touch-OUT, similar to the London Oyster card system used on the underground.
Before I quote, please can you tell me what you mean by an "outlet"? Is it an entry/exit point at the event, eg. a door?
Steve B.18 Aug 2018
Hi Jeremy, an outlet would be the member of staffs place of work, thanks.