using this input video:
I want to use red giant trapcode plugins and stock plugins only, if possible.
There are several visual elements in the video that must be created accurately:
1) Slower moving particles with these key properties: color parented from the starglow which transitions to something darker over the life of the particle, a fair amount of turbulence with a whimsical quality that causes the particles to clump together (as shown), a near-constant vertical speed
2) Faster moving, thin strands of light that shoot up, as shown
3) A blurred starglow that highlights the notes but is only activated when the note reaches the lowest vertical position, as shown. Also notice that the starglow has an expression very subtly altering the size/intensity of it. That's important.
4) A very subtle cloud/smoke simulation which extends about as high vertically as the particle and light strand simulations
5) I'm not sure if this is real or not, but there is a thin white beam of light that is activated by the notes as seen between the physical piano keyboard and the falling notes (I'm not positive this is an after effects element and not just the physical LED bar in real life, but if you think it's after effects, i would like it, otherwise don't worry about it)
Do not worry about the light cast onto the piano keys, I know that is real.
I would like all of the above elements (except for potentially number 5) to look as similar to the provided video as possible. I am VERY concerned about the speed of the particles, level and character of turbulence, precise size of particles, nature of the light strands, balance of colors and decay on simulations. Again, I want it to match the video as closely as possible. I am not interested in a final product that is not sufficiently similar to the provided video.
I would also like the ability to overlay gradients and textures like these videos as I desire:
Josh F.100% (2)
Login to your account and send a proposal now to get this project.Log in
Clarification Board Ask a Question
I think you're Red Giant particular expert as you've described the options of this plugins and you're a motion designer. Yes, no.5 is a physical light in keyboard as it's casting physical shadow and illuminated objects.
As you're very concerned about the behavior of particles, it's kinda not possible match the particles behavior 100% as reference. I think you understand.
Are you aiming to get a similar animation?Josh F.09 Dec 2019
I've spent about a total of 10 hours in after effects. I have no idea how to do some of the things, like triggering the starglow at the right point and adding a gradient to the particles if they are linked to a layer... and its just way too frustrating for me to spend time on.
100% match is obviously not 100% possible, but I have seen a range of videos with this same effect online and I think it's possible to get pretty close.
Thanks for your opinion on the lightbar
Would you need the after effects project files?Josh F.09 Dec 2019
Yes I want to be able to use the after effects file as a template