Please see a summary below of my requirement. Planning permission has been obtained for the project, the next phase is to obtain building regulations/structural approval. I will prefer a structural engineer to take on the work, as they will be able to deal with the building regulations and calculation work involved.
A summary of the requirement can be found below.
• Preparation of the detailed building regulations design/notes/drawings for the purposes of obtaining building regulations approval.
• Preparation of detailed drawings as required by Thames Water for the purposes of obtaining a build over agreement, this is due to the proximity of the existing manhole.
• Preparation of a layout design, this can be incorporated in the drawings. I have a good idea of what is needed, and I can guide/provide feedback.
• I like detail on drawings, sizes of required beams/timber, specification of what should be used etc.
• Detailed full structural calculation and notes for the purposes of obtaining building regulations approval.
• A summary page with all the required beams/sizes and timber sizes for the areas.
• Please note that the property sits on a slightly higher ground when compared to the next door, it is about 300 – 400mm higher.
• The house is angled as can be seen in the planning drawings, the plan is to maximise the space externally, and internally we can dry line the walls to keep it as straight as possible (), this applies to the open plan area, other areas.
• For the outbuilding, due to the tapered nature of the garden and very close proximity to a lot of trees, I am thinking a single skin of blocks for the external wall construction, then a stud wall internally (this will save on space as I don’t want the wall to be too thick). This outbuilding may not be subject to building regulations, but it would be good to know what my options are here.
• UK/EU based professionals only please.
When sending proposals.
Please include the following.
Similar work/approval obtained in the UK.
Duration of how long it will take.
A confirmation that any amendments required by the council will not attract extra charges.
A summary of your proposal, and the fact that the council take 4/5 weeks to check plans.
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Hello, can you upload the drawings in order to see the amount of work needed for the project so I can give you a quote for the price?
Please attach a URL to the planning application or upload files here.