This guy is a handyman who knows everything there is to know about fixing things, handyman jobs and all DIY (do it yourself) projects.
This guy everybody likes, pretty sharp and a bit of a practical joker (in a good way). Energetic and gets the job done. This is a fairly open brief and you have a creative license to really to really create something a little bit special.
The first job is to do some preliminary sketches to develop him.
Ideally there would be some humour in his look, funny but cool.
Kinda like how Charlie Brown is cool - if you know what I mean.
Open to it being edgy, so it doesn't have to be traditional.
We are based in New Zealand. A good example of a Kiwi (New Zealand) is the cartoon "Foortrot Flats" by Murray Ball. Wal the frarmer is a very stereotypical New Zealand Farmer. I suggest you research a few of his cartoons.
This is only a concept at this stage, but if its a go, he will have a regular comic strip in our catalogue and may even be the basis for our DIY handy hints brochures and on our website etc.
So it could be a nice on going piece of business.
So where to from here?
1. I need to know that if this concept is successful you will be willing to commit to this for the long term.
2. I need to know what you would charge for the initial concept sketched in the devlopment of the character. They can be sketches (lo-res) I'm more concern about the "character" the the art at this stage. These will be used to sell the concept.
3. For ongoing work I would like to have an idea of what your hourly rate is?
At this stage I have no idea what will be involved long term so in order to compare freelancers, an indication of your hourly rate will at least be a start. Having said that the creative will be the deciding factor, and the price is secondary, but if prices are over the top then obviously I will have to consider that.
4. When you supply your quote, if you haven't already got great examples on your portfolio of such work, please supply some finished examples of execution of other work you have done etc.
5. How long do you need to do these preliminary concepts.
This brief will be open till the end of this week.
I may short list it to three (depending on budget) to do the preliminary concepts.
I look forward to seeing what's out there.
Your ability to create humour and ideas will also play a part in my decision so if you can demonstrate that you have experience in actual comic strips ie: from developing the character through to a comic strip that'd go along way in assisting mnme in making my final decision as well.
Thanks for your interest.
Greg H.100% (39)
Greg's other projects
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
I can help you to create the cartoon character for your company. It sounds like a very cool project to work on. Do you have more details about how soon do you need this done?
Any reply would be appreciated,