I’m contacting you regarding an urgent animated video project.
BETTER FINANCE, the European Federation of Investors and Financial Services Users that represents the interests of EU Citizens as savers and investors, is looking to produce a short animated explainer video on the subject of the Pan-European Personal Pension product (PEPP) and the big consumer issue (scam) involving the Capital Protection that would accompany PEPP products.
- animated explainer video / animated infographic
- maximum 2 minutes
- in English
- final video to be delivered on 22 November
Below please find a very first draft of the Storyboard (this will still be tweaked somewhat) to give you an idea of where we want to go with this.
At this stage I would like to ask you to please get back to me with an offer:
- Is this feasible? Maybe provide a basic timeline?
- Could you give me an idea of the style / look for this project? Example?
- Please provide a price offer for this project, including VAT.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you very much in advance.
1. Pensions… perhaps not the sexiest topic…
But what if we told you that the pension savings you have been putting aside to ensure a comfortable retirement…
2. … are in danger? While your retirement may seem far off, EU policy makers are working on legislation that will have an impact on your quality of life after retirement for years to come.
3. Thanks to advances in medicine and better lifestyles, you will enjoy your retirement for longer.
4. Sadly pension plans are not keeping up with this reality and it will become increasingly difficult to keep up living-standards after retirement.
5. The good news is that EU policy makers have a plan to address the challenges:
6. … a Pan-European Personal Pension Product, also known as PEPP…
7. If properly implemented, the PEPP promises to maintain the long-term real value of your nestegg, shielding your savings from excessive fees and inflation.
9. But, will the current proposal for PEPP be able to deliver on its promises?
10. Although BETTER FINANCE strongly supports the idea of a PEPP, we are concerned that, as things stand, your savings will be at risk.
11. For a PEPP to make a real difference for EU citizens it must be: (1) simple, (2) standardised and (3) cost-effective and (4) it must have an inclusive default option accessible for all
12. And to ensure you don’t have a bad surprise when you reach retirement age, it must benefit from a capital protection that ensures your savings.
13. Under the current proposal the capital protection amounts to a scam and will do nothing to guarantee your savings.
14. Any capital protection worthy of that name must protect the amount of your savings before fees and commissions are charged, and after taking into account inflation over time.
15. Without adequate capital protection…
16. …your long-term purchasing power upon retirement will be at risk.
17. With the widening pensions-gap looming on the horizon, any decision taken at this watershed moment will affect all EU citizens.
18. A simple, open and cost-effective Pan-European Personal Pension with real capital protection could go a long way towards ensuring a bright future with adequate pensions. EU citizens – the younger ones in particular – will not forgive politicians and governments if they let this vital initiative fail.
1. View of an older couple climbing a mountain towards the sunshine.
2. As the couple reaches what they think is summit of the mountain, they notice a wide precipice / valley and roll to the bottom of it. As they fall, they turn younger until they are +/- 25 again.
3. Others roll down from the mountain, popping up from everywhere and looking perplexed as they contemplate the mountain they came from and the higher mountain they still need to climb.
4. They all merge into one person and a question mark pops up over the person. The mountains become a city during peak hour, with our person standing in the middle… looking confused.
5. The EU parliament is drawn in real-time in the middle of the city, and as the city fades, the drawing of the EP floats towards the top of the screen, with arrows pointing downwards.
6. The text “Pan-European Personal Pension product” appears, the capital letters grow, and they form the word PEPP, taking over large parts of the screen
7. PEPP slides up the screen to become the title. Our principal character is handed a briefcase and bulging with cash… as he walks along she street, hands grab wads of cash (fees) and the wind blows more of the cash down the street. The PEPP sign becomes a net, catching the flying cash and cash thieves.
8. The young man watching smiles and his body language shows he is excited
9. The young man is catapulted into a different scene.
10. BF logo appears next to the young man, a hand comes out of the box and they exchange a high five, they are now standing together.
11. Points 1,2,3,4 are listed on the screen as they are spoken by the BETTER FINANCE logo.
12. Capital Protection appears as the 5th point, and as it is spoken it blinks. The screen moves to the right to a new scene.
13. The young man rapidly ages again and as he looks into his briefcase, the cash is almost gone. A big question mark appears above his head.
14. A bubble entitles “Capital Protection” forms around the briefcase, titled capital protection, and protects the remaining cash from the wind (inflation) and grabbing hands (fees).
15. The bubbles bursts…
16. The briefcase is now empty, and the old man struggles on, old and at the bottom of the mountain, hidden behind clouds.
17. Zoom out: the mountain is at the centre of a map of Europe and is surrounded by people, young and old, looking up… at the distant sunshine.
18. the people band together and start carrying banners with: protect my pension, capital protection for all. One banner has the BF logo. A line starts forming with the BF banner carried by the young man in the front, towards the earlier depiction of the EU parliament
19. The better finance logo and website link appear.
Arnaud H.100% (1)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
I have got the invitation from your side on this but in the description you said it's for jessyica please confirm this so that i can send the proposal.
TahirArnaud H.26 Oct 2018
Hi, Sorry, I contacted several people for a quote. The message was definitely meant for you as well. :) Best, Arnaud