Experience Level: Intermediate
I am currently working on a project to analyse the flow of air over an Ahmed Car Body. However, I am struggling with creating a mesh in ICEM to simulate in Fluent
Some more information on the project:
The project is to analyse the flow over an Ahmed Body and to see how a spoiler on the rear of the car affects it.
I need to create an unstructured volume mesh in ICEM, and then run simulations in Fluent to find data for drag etc. After watching countless YouTube videos I am struggling to output a good quality mesh, hence reaching out for help. However, I would like to have an understanding of how the mesh was created so I ask for a screencast as oppose to you just creating the mesh and sending me the files.
- Ahmed car body (no need for bottom feet) (https://www.cfd-online.com/Wiki/Ahmed_body)
- Windbox (length = 6 car lenghts, Width = 3 car widths, Height = 3 car heights)
- There needs to be 2 car lengths infront of the Ahmed body and 3 car lengths behind
- The Ahmed Body should be 50mm above the bottom of the box
- With regards to the Z plane (width) the Ahmed body should be in the middle
- The mesh needs to be an unstructered volume mesh
- There needs to be a density box in the wake region
- The mesh can have up to 4/5million cells (I have access to supercomputer for simulations)
Please let me know if you are able to help
Parmvir S.0% (0)
21 May 2019
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
There are no clarification messages.