Entertainer Needs Help with tax

  • Posted:
  • Proposals: 2
  • Remote
  • #97506
  • Completed
Tim L.Stewart P. have already sent a proposal.
  • 0


Experience Level: Expert
I am an entertainer. I sing and play piano in hotel, restaurants and piano bars. For the last two year, I have spent more that 9 months of the year outside the U.K. I need advice regarding my tax return for the year 6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011. The deadline is October 31!

All the work I’ve done so far has been abroad or on a cruise ships and, apart from the cruise ship work, income tax was deducted based on the laws of the country I worked in. This is stated clearly in the contracts I have signed. I need someone to advise me about the tax laws in the U.K. about working abroad. For example, do I still need to pay tax although I have paid tax in the country where I was working? Also, because I am a U.K. resident and use my flat to prepare for work (rehearsals, recording, storage of instruments and recording equipment relevant to the work I do), is the rent I pay considered an expense?

New Proposal

Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.

Sign up

Clarification Board Ask a Question

    There are no clarification messages.