Meet Sadurshan a Level 4 cert PPH WordPress Developer & PhotoShop expert.
Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you get into freelancing?
I am Sadurshan from Sri Lanka and I’m a Designer, Video Editor, WordPress Developer and all around I.T specialist. I was searching for online jobs, as my family’s financial stability is weak. And then I found out the freelancing world 🙂
What was your previous job before deciding to go freelance?
I didn’t have one. I became a freelancer right after I finished school.
How did you come across PPH?
That was a simple question. Google..!!
What was your first job like on PPH?
I was bidding for 4-6 jobs but I got no response at all. My first client was Ivan T. He was looking for a Video spokesman. It was really a hard task. As I have just started out. But completed it in 3 takes! He was happy and gave me a 5 star rated feedback which then I got my second video related job. What we can learn from this is, a single 5-star review can turn your life.
What is a typical day like for you?
Every day is not the same day for me. Usually, I wake up at 7.30 A.M. and I will have a look at my Social medias, Emails and specially PeoplePerHour Work-streams. And I will have fun with my friends, play something or even watch TV. Unlike other jobs freelancing has a no stress formula. You just develop your family strength and w ork strength just by staying at home. Simple as that :). If you ask, what time I go to bed… It depends on the day.
As said every day is not the exact same day. We get new experiences every day.
How does freelancing compare to a 9-5?
There is a million miles of difference. Freelancing has a Zero Stress Formula which 9-5 jobs will never have. You should set the alarm, go running to the office and come back exhausted with the mood only to sleep! On the other side, you can have fun, meet new people, do jobs which you only like and work when you want to work. That’s cool isn’t it?!
What benefits have you found by using PPH?
Freelancing is easy in PeoplePerHour, unlike most other sites which focus on their selfish development, PeoplePerHour helps the freelancers to grow with them. I feel like Dairy Milk…I meet new clients and always have the freedom to work when I needed to, which makes PeoplePerHour pretty awesome.
What does your future hold? Where would you like to take this?
I would like to take this to the next level, build my own company. I’m waiting for that moment.
What are your top 5 tips for freelancers who are new to PPH?
- Focus on the quality of work more than speed. Customers need quality work so take your time to recheck your work and always give your best shot on the first try to impress the client and who knows, he may hire you again.
- Never ever fake a deadline, always follow the no-break-promise policy. If you have promised your client to deliver the product in 2 days, try to deliver it in a day. If you need more time, inform the client. Never deliver late.
- Try to attach files when sending out proposal. When you send out a new proposal always send the client some of your recent work,; that will allow the client to know something about your talent.
- Have a good portfolio. The client will always look at your profile to find out previous work that you have done. So start building the empire
- Last but not least – Patience, be patient. If you didn’t findthat’sb thats cool, you can train yourself and wait for the right time. It took me several months to trigger my skills. So maintain patience – someone will definitely hire you.
What are your top 5 tips for your particular role?
Ok , let me share what I have learned.
- Always ask for guidelines and what the clients have in their mind before starting the work
- Never underestimate your abilities and bid low.
- Never overestimate yourself and bid high.
- Always double check the work you have done.
- Never copy anything. Let it be your own creation.
What web browser do you use?
I use Google Chrome, sometimes Opera 🙂
If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
I would be a cheetah because I like the way how fast and distant it runs, put its effort and achieve the goal. If I be a cheetah I would be running everywhere. Achieve everything that is possible.
Experience is most important. Keep in mind…
What do you think of Sadurshan’s story? Please leave messages of support for Sadurshan in our comments box below!
If you’d like us to feature your story, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.