First of all we would like to apologize for an issue we had with certain postcodes yesterday. This is now fixed and if you had problem updating your Profile you can try again now. If you haven’t heard about this new amazing feature please have a read below, it is very important if you don’t want to miss out on the increasing demand for on-site work on PPH!
Based on insights we got from Buyers and Sellers, it is preferred or completely necessary that some projects are done in person in a specific location, whilst this need is inadequately covered by PeoplePerHour at the moment. Most Buyers prefer to work with a Seller at their location e.g. their offices, even if work could also be done remotely e.g. web design, web development, copywriting etc. Furthermore there are projects that can only be done on-site like photography, certain types of admin and bookkeeping tasks as well as IT support services.
For us at PPH this is a reason to put a lot more effort into optimizing on-site projects and make them even more prominent on the website. To do this we will need to know more about your availability and location so that Buyers are able to discover relevant Sellers near them.
Bottomline, if you are interested in completing on-site work in the future it is necessary to update your Profile as follows:
- Login to PPH and go to the Edit Profile Page from the top menu
- Check that the “LOCATION (CITY)” field is up to date
- Change “NOTIFY ME ABOUT” field from “REMOTE WORK ONLY” to “REMOTE AS WELL AS ON-SITE WORK” so that you can send Proposals to on-site Jobs
- Put the zip code or postcode of your location
- Indicate how far you are willing to travel in miles (even if your Proposal includes travel compensation)
Product Manager @PPH