PPH would like to announce an important new tool for both Sellers and Buyers called “Seller Availability”!
Sellers are now able to specify if they are available to chat about a new project and start working on it immediately. This allows Sellers manage their work and time more effectively by controlling when they can start working on a new project, how much work they take on and manage delivery date expectations. Buyers can easily filter and contact Sellers that are around and available to chat and start their quick and urgent projects instantly if you both agree on the terms (seller can send a proposal and buyer accept through the workstream).
Based on feedback we got from many of you the functionality of this feature is the following:
1) For Sellers:
- You can set your availability status using a switch which is accessible from the main menu when logged in. You can go on and set your status to either “Available” or “Busy” but beware that if your status is “Available” that means you should promptly respond to the Buyer’s message and be able to start work immediately after you agree on terms with the Buyer.
- Your availability is also adjusted automatically in real time based on your working days as specified in Settings > Availability when logged in. During the days you are off your status is automatically set to ‘Busy’ and during your working days it is automatically updated to the last status you had specifically set. For example if on Friday you have set your status to “Available” and you have indicated that you do not work on Saturday and Sunday, then during the weekend your status will be automatically set to “Busy” and on Monday it will be set back to “Available”.
- Similar real time update is also applied based on your off days as specified in Settings > Availability when logged in.
- Your availability status is automatically updated according to your online activity. If you have not logged in for the last 24 hours then the status is automatically set to “Busy”. When you are back online and logged in, the status is automatically set to the last status you had specifically set.
2) For Buyers:
Most of the action happens in Freelancers listings accessible from the top menu “BUY” > “FIND FREELANCERS”:
- The Sellers that are available to start work immediately have a special tick icon next to their profile photo.
- You can filter to find available Sellers using the option of the left sidebar:
- In case a Seller is “Available”, the special tick indication is shown next to the Seller’s profile photo in other places as well (Profiles, WorkStream etc)
We hope this feature improves communication between Sellers and Buyers. We would very much like to read your feedback and suggestions about how to make this feature even better as always in the comment box below.
Product Manager @PPH