We are looking for an experienced, innovative, professional and reliable individual who can assist in the creation of a new luxury brand.
This would be an ongoing job as we aim to produce new collections during the S/S and A/W seasons.
Candidate must have experience of lingerie design and a keen eye for detail, (swimwear design would also be a bonus). They must also have the ability to illustrate designs using CAD/photoshop/Adobe illustrator/hand sketches. Essentially we need a package to send to a manufacturer for production
In addition to designing, this role can also require grading and fitting, sourcing the finest materials, making print materials (e.g. tie and dye) and possibly hand sewing some pieces of lingerie.
The candidate should be commercially aware of the lingerie industry and up to date with fashion trends, color palettes and fabrics. They should also ideally have contacts with manufacturers.
We aim to produce
- Approximately 40 matching set designs with a mixture of bra styles (wired, non wired adaptations for bigger cup sizes as well) also different knickers styles, some might include suspenders
- Approximately 10 basque designs
- Approximately 10 sleepwear
- Approximately 10 babydolls
- Approximately 10 swimwear collections
We are aiming at a high-end luxury market. The products will mainly be sold in Africa where there is a large emphasis on larger sizes.
We generally know exactly what we want, so it should be fun working with us.