Copywriter, blogger, editor, VA and researcher - I cover fashion, beauty, travel, food and arts - plus B2B and academic research in social studies and humanities.
As a writer,more...Copywriter, blogger, editor, VA and researcher - I cover fashion, beauty, travel, food and arts - plus B2B and academic research in social studies and humanities.
As a writer, I cover a broad scope of subjects, and have written on a range of topics including fashion, arts, travel and lifestyle, as well as IT and business-related themes. I also provide transcription services and have experience in working with academic, research and legal fields, as well as entertainment, current affairs and news programming. I am able to transcribe from both audio and video content.
As an editor, I've worked with publishers producing both 'traditional' books and e-books. I also produce content for magazines, journals, web copy and marketing materials.
I have a sharp eye for detail and accuracy, as well as strong sense of construction, flow and narrative. I am a post-graduate from the University of Warwick, UK, and have extensive experience in working with undergraduates and post-graduates on a range of projects covering the arts, social sciences, linguistics and more.
As a VA, my skills have been called for on everything from organising national conferences, to private international getaways. And everything in between. I work with dedication - meaning I'm willing to think laterally in order to find a solution that works for you.
Basic summary of my skills:
- Based in the UK - able to travel across England and Wales.
- Native English speaker - excellent language skills
- Broad knowledge base: including Books, Music, Art, Food, Health, Social Sciences, Media, Business and IT.
- Professional experience in Adobe Indesign CS 5
- Excellent product photography, retouching and digital imaging skills.
- Well versed in all aspects of Photoshop and Acrobat
- Always willing to learn more in order to provide the best services to my clients.
Area Covered: Whole of UK
Job Title: Personal Assistant/Secretary
Description: • screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
• organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments and appropriate arrangements
• dealing with correspondence and writing letters, taking dictation and minutes
• producing audio transcriptions of discussions and interviews
• organising and attending meetings, and ensuring the client is well-prepared for meetings
• dealing with all incoming email, faxes and post
• producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations - in a range of media formats
• providing full clerical and administrative support, as and when required - at short notice if necessary.
Job Title: Design and Digital Consultant
Description: • Digital imaging services - retouching, image enhancement, RAW processing, dust & scratch removal
• Image management - keywording, archiving and publishing
• Specialist print formatting - photographic and fine art print management, pre-press formatting
• Clerical/administrative support
• Managing and responding to incoming email, faxes and post
• Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations in a wide range of media
• Use of industry -relevant software including Adobe InDesign, QuarkXpress and Microsoft Office
• Web and graphic design
Job Title: Web/Graphic Design
Description: • Revamp of existing corporate identity, brand design and web design - for PC, Mac and mobile platforms
• Promotion of organisation through various social networking platforms including Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter
• Production of appropriate design materials for print and web use - new logo, stationary, business card and website use
• Promotional material - design and production
• Promotional material - marketing copywriting
• Web content material - design and copywriting
• Packaging and promotional materials - design and liaison with manufacturers to produce most appropriate solutions
Job Title: Academic researcher and editor
Company: Uni. of GL.
Description: • Research for academic articles on Business and Marketing
• Proofing and editing of final texts before publication -to ensure language and grammar is correct
• Bibliography according to criteria of Harvard Referencing Method
• Formatting of text using Microsoft Word and Excel
• Working within strict deadlines to deliver final results
Degree: MA Distinction
Field of Study: English Literature
University / College: University of Warwick, UK