Website design (specializing in Wordpress), blog design, social media marketing (Twitter and Facebook profile / timeline design), education consultancy, commissioned photography, photo editing and retouching & freelance writing, editing and proofreading.
I'm an experienced Senior Management educator (Head of English) in the Primary and Secondary sectors specialising in:
• Engaging current and prospective school parents in new media via social media marketing mediums such as Twitter and Facebook. In particular I specialise in automating social media processes to ensure real and useful content is indexed by search engines resulting in effective SEO to draw in genuine and targeted Internet traffic - ie people interested in your school.
• Developing cutting edge learning platforms and VLEs using Wordpress, Ning, Moodle, Joomla, Camtasia and Captivate - building and maintaining engagement with pupils, parents and staff to ensure maximum effective use is made of these facilities.
• Providing in depth analysis of a school's existing ICT, website and new media marketing provision and suggesting 'next steps' and implementation strategies - in the form of INSET, or bespoke eBook and video training. A full consultancy service for website development, coding and maintenance can be provided.
• Creating and delivering innovative and high quality English and ICT teaching, particularly to KS2 and KS3.
I have recently carried out consultancy work for:
• York Boarding Schools Group (SEO and Social Media Marketing advice)
• Woodleigh School (Complete website and integrated new media marketing solution.)
• Regain Your Name Reputation Management (Bespoke eBooks and video guides on reputation management techniques.)
• DragonFly Associates - Social Media Marketing in an educational context.
• PDC Education (consultancy on open source ICT software)
• The Learning Institute (consultancy on inset/CPD provision in secondary education.
I specialise in:
• Designing and developing school websites, e-learning portals, intranets and extranets.
• Dealing with cyberbullying in education - how to prevent, deal with and remove instances. INSET and video guide training and consultancy.
• High quality and innovative English teaching with an emphasis on achievement and creative use of ICT.
• Cutting edge and exciting ICT Teaching for KS2 and KS3 focused on using industry standard software.