I have over ten years experience working in PR, the last few years of which have been spent working with both a mix of B2B and B2C clients.
Have experience of working in an integrated agency environment as an Account Director, eventually being promoted to Executive Director where I had responsibility for the entire PR function.
As a communications specialist, I can think strategically and solve problems creatively. My core skill set includes traditional media relations, digital communications, event management, stakeholder engagement, brand development, product launches and the delivery of holistic marketing strategies.
To date I have worked on the following brands: Crocs, Gloria Jean's Coffees, All Saints, Ministry of Sound, Aldi, Barnardo's, Salvation Army, Longchamp, Superdry, Paul Newman's Own Pasta Sauce, Tourism Australia, Singapore Airlines, Nubar, Guoman Hotels, Vani-T and Samoa Tourism.
I have fantastic contacts in the UK press both on and offline across lifestyle, consumer, fashion, beauty and travel.
Areas Covered: Nationwide
Job Title: Publicist and Strategic Planner
Company: NYLON COMMUNICATIONS
Description: Working for a variety of agencies and individuals on a host of clients including Marriott Hotels, Malta Tourism Authority and the 2012 Olympic Games.
Projects have involved liaising with media, writing press releases, developing creative ideas to achieve cut-through and delivering tactical strategies.
Job Title: Account Director
Company: HORIZON COMMUNICATIONS
Description: Developed strategic and tactical campaigns for Tourism Australia, Gloria Jean"s Coffees, National Youth Week and Westpac.
Tourism Australia – Launched the New 7 Wonders campaign, a global search to recognise the seven most wondrous natural sites in the world. Also worked closely with Harpo Productions, for Oprah Winfrey"s visit to Australia for the 25th and final season of The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Gloria Jean"s Coffees – Worked on the global PR strategy for over 1,000 Gloria Jean"s Coffee houses internationally. With a key focus on the following platforms; humanitarian/corporate responsibility, brand awareness, coffee credibility, product support and corporate credibility.
National Youth Week - Devised a program of activities aimed at young people aged from 14 to 21. Involved working with third parties in the delivery of a holistic marketing strategy across multi-media platforms. Promoted a variety of creative and arts focused initiatives across Australia.
Westpac - Developed a creative and tactical campaign aimed at the consumer market to encourage financial literacy.
Job Title: Executive Director
Description: Worked across a client portfolio incorporating retail, fashion, consumer technology, FMCG, Not-for-profit, property, travel, health and beauty.
Key clients included: The Salvation Army, Goodman Fielder, Ipoh (QVB, The Strand Arcade, Chifley Plaza, No. 1 Martin Place and TGV), Sharp, Jaycar Electronics, Thalgo, Tassal Salmon, Samoa Tourism and Altus Page Kirkland.
• Strengthened relationships with all business stakeholders – client, agency and media alike.
• Led and assisted on new business pitches with insightful solutions.
• Gained additional projects on existing business via exhibiting innovative solutions outside general scope of work.
• Developed creative and innovative ideas that went beyond the standard PR agency capabilities.
• Studied business objectives, promotional policies and needs of clients to develop strategies that were insightful and influential.
• Oversaw and monitored updates on existing projects ensuring deadlines were met and budgets maintained.
• Ensured all 3rd party suppliers delivered on agreed projects and budgets.
• Developed and cultivated senior management relationships.
• Problem solved efficiently when required, particularly in crisis management.
• Oversaw service provided by junior team members ensuring professionalism.
• Continually sought to better understand clients market, objectives and competitors.
• Proactively sought to offer creative solutions to competitor activity.
• Oversaw the supply of competitive data and offered counter strategies where applicable.
• Ensured seamless integration across all media for client projects.
• Maximised relationships with media contacts to ensure best results on all projects.
Job Title: Freelance Consultant
Description: • Developed, pitched for and secured new business.
• Managed a portfolio of clients across the consumer market, in the health, beauty and fashion sectors.
• Delivered strategies across a host of media including; print, online, TV and Radio
• Oversaw day-to-day PR activities whilst developing and implementing creative PR campaigns
• Stayed abreast of key developments in the media and communications sector in order to harness new ideas
• Bought and planned ATL and BTL media space on behalf of clients
• Key skills included: strategic thinking, client liaison, financial acumen, creative energy and entrepreneurial flair
WEBER SHANDWICK, MANCHESTER
Consulted on key accounts including luxury hotel brands: Thistle Hotels and the Guoman Group. European food retailer Aldi and luxury clothing retailer, All Saints. Also worked on B2B accounts in the legal, healthcare and construction sectors.
Key Achievement: Developed launch campaign for a pre mixed vodka drink for Ministry of Sound; which required a fully integrated publicity campaign
IMAGE BOX, LONDON
Assisting with campaigns for a boutique agency based in central London, working on key campaigns for beauty and health products.
Key Achievement: Natralox Anti Wrinkle Mask, a completely natural and organic product, which was successfully placed exclusively with Grazia magazine after contacting Victoria Beckham who provided testimony of its benefits. Within three days of the magazine featuring the article, Harvey Nichols, the main stockist had completely sold out of the product in all of their UK stores.
Job Title: Project Manager
Company: Oriental Merchant
• Corporate Marketing – promoted the company image in line with organisational strategy and focus
• Delivered the PR strategy incorporating the external and internal communication plan
• Built relationships with media ensuring PR objectives were met in B2C and B2B press
• Developed and implemented holistic marketing strategies on behalf of clients in line with corporate priorities.
• Account management of designated product range
• Created and maintained an appropriate portfolio of marketing collateral
• Managed and organised events
• Line management
Job Title: Einstein Year Public Relations Officer
Company: Institute of Physics
Description: • Devised, implemented and evaluated public relations strategies for Einstein Year as a whole, for campaigns targeted to specific audience groupings within the Year and for individual events within the Year.
• Carried out media-led strategies within the PR framework to promote the Year and individual events in the Year.
• Developed and maintained a network of contacts of journalists and organisations involved in public involvement and awareness of science.
• Developed and maintained a network of contacts of journalists and organisations in the media and other communications channels directed to young people.
• Assumed day-to-day responsibility for the coordination of agency support work for EY and for liaison with PR service providers for individual EY projects.
• Devised and carried out internal communications activities to promote EY to Institute staff, including Council and committees, branches, groups and any other appropriate member or physics community groupings.
• Established and used appropriate evaluation and information resources to support EY PR activities, including media monitoring and message/campaign evaluation. Provided appropriate reports and evaluation.
(Left owing to family illness – forced to return to Manchester)
Job Title: Press Officer
Dealt with journalists' enquiries; wrote press releases and news articles. Monitored and liaised with the media; identifying opportunities. Arranged press conferences, news briefings, media interviews, visits and public events. Attended committee meetings and debates, kept up to date with current issues and public opinions.
Job Title: Marketing Communications Coordinator
Company: Bowel Cancer UK
Description: Prepared content for marketing literature, presentations, leaflets, annual reports, direct mail materials, press releases and the website/intranet. Managed external PR company and ensured effective implementation, delivery and management of communications.
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Description: Assisted the communications team in raising the profile of Barnardo"s through a range of communications tools, focusing particularly on media relations, advertising and the content of the Barnardo"s website and intranet as well as other written materials for external purposes.
Job Title: PR Assistant
Company: Itchy Media
Description: Worked in conjunction with and supported the wider team on projects to promote city guides for the UK and Europe. Duties included liaising with the media and assisting in delivering key promotional activities.
Education Summary: BA Hons Communication and Cultural Studies - Leeds University
MSc Clothing Product Development - Manchester Metropolitan University