I received a 2:1 classification of degree in Business Studies in 2002, and a distinction level Masters degree in Marketing in 2004, both from Liverpool John Moores University. I have Professional Qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, and am a PRINCE2 Practitioner. I have a combination of marketing and other commercial problem solving skills, along with analytical, numerical, team working, passion, energy and natural leadership. I combine these and achieve tangible business results by being able to manage projects, lead change and think strategically as well as tactically. I have developed excellent writing and presentational skills, creative flair, strong attention to detail and a real focus on the end result. These skills have contributed to my company having a 80% success rate in PQQ’s and over 50% of tenders / fee bids. I thrive under the pressure of undertaking a wide variety of responsibilities, meeting and exceeding deadlines and budgets, and delivering to a very high quality.
Area Covered: Worldwide Marketing
Summary: June 2003-Present – Partner 2010, Associate 2007-2010
• In addition to marketing and bid writing / bid management duties, I have been responsible for leading projects to achieve the Investors in People award, and achieving ISO9001 Quality Accreditation and ISO14001. In recognition of my contribution to this success, I was made the youngest ever Associate of the Practice in 2007, and then the youngest ever Partner in 2010.
• This job has involved managing the entire marketing operations of this Professional Services Provider, and leading a change programme, with the objective of aligning all aspects of the organisation to the company strategy of selling and delivering a high quality service.
• Since being made Partner, I have been involved in changing many internal systems including financial, Human Resources, and Information Technology. This has included all activities associated with both strategic and tactical marketing, including:
o Implementation of CRM system
o Identifying opportunities
o Management of key accounts
o Writing proposals and pitches
o Development of strategy for continuous improvement
o Writing paper and e newsletters
o Development of a detailed marketing strategy
o Market research – finding and sharing relevant market intelligence
o Attending industry conferences
o Developing and implementing sales strategies
• I have also been involved in developing Management Consultancy Services, which has been successfully delivered to various clients. I have not only marketed this area of work, but also delivered the services.
2002-2004 Fresh Consultants Ltd - Director
• I was involved in all stages of the development of this Marketing Consultancy.
• I was involved in various research projects, including evaluating markets and developing strategies introducing new products and services. In addition to the initial period, I worked on a non-executive basis for six months, providing a strategic overview of the market and the company vision and direction.
• When I decided to sell my share annual turnover was around £200k and employed 5 staff.
2000-2001 Orca Development & Change AG - Trainee Consultant
• Working in an international management consultancy company, I was an integral member of the organisation with responsibilities in many areas. I worked with many companies in the UK and Finland.
• I interviewed and liaised with people at all levels of these organisations, requiring excellent communication skills. I was involved in analysing many areas of the client companies, including operational productivity, management attitudes, strategy and goals alignment, and inventory and sales system analysis.
• I also implemented change in areas such as systems design, management training, organisational structure, and strategy alignment. In addition to the client facing roles, I was also part of the team responsible for setting the business up in the UK, including writing business cases and plans, cash flow forecasts, networking with potential investors, clients and suppliers, devising recruitment and marketing strategies.
Job Title: Partner
Job Title: Associate
Description: Associate responsible for all Business Development and Marketing.
Job Title: Managing Director
Company: Animate Internet
Description: I assisted Mark in the development of a marketing strategy for his website development business, and provide general business advice on a regular basis. We have also developed several online business ideas and I always advise on online and offline marketing ideas and plans.
Summary: 2002-2004 Liverpool John Moores University
MA Marketing, Average 71% (Distinction)
Marketing Student of the Year award 2004
Dissertation 75% - “Embedding a Market Orientation within Professional Services”
1998-2002 - Liverpool John Moores University
BA Business Studies, Average 68.5% (2:1 Class)
Dissertation 72% - “Improving Shareholder Value.”
1996-1998 - Withernsea High School Sixth Form
A-Levels; B, C, C, E (Business Studies, Geography, Mathematics and General Studies)
1991-1996 - Withernsea High School
GCSE's sat in 1996 - 1 A*, 5 A's, 3 B's, 1 C
Degree: BA Hons
Field of Study: Business Studies
University / College: Liverpool JMU