More than 7 years of experience in Microsoft Enterprise Platforms Support and specialize in System Center Configuration Manager & Core Performance. Highly trained technology expert adept at developing easy-to-read instructions, procedures from complex information and overseeing functionality and operations.
• Served as a trusted advisor to customers for the System Center Configuration Manager and Systems Management Server products.
• Provided guidance to customers around Windows XP to Windows 7 migrations using SCCM and User State Migration Tool (USMT).
• Provided infrastructure and design guidance for setting up and maintaining SCCM environments.
• Provided Risk Assessment and remediation guidance for SCCM infrastructures.
• Provided best practice guidance on setting up and maintaining a solid patching solution using SCCM.
• Provided guidance on creating custom reports utilizing the SCCM DB using custom SQL queries and SQL Reporting Services.
• Monitored SCCM platform health and mitigated issues as needed.
• Managed custom hardware inventory collection process to capture non-standard items to make better business decisions.
• Troubleshooting Windows Server 2012 based De-duplicated volumes, Live-Migration scenarios, Windows Azure Online Backup based offsite protection, SQL Always-On feature, Resilient File System (ReFS).
• Troubleshooting & managing protected servers running Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Windows SharePoint Services, and Hyper-V & CSV 2.0.
• Troubleshooting& managing protected File Servers & workstations.
• Configure & manage DPM Disaster Recovery solutions.
• Troubleshooting & managing tape libraries.
• Performing root-cause analysis on various issues i.e. DPM Console crash via debugging techniques, optimizing database connectivity & performance via SQL Server Profiler & ETL traces.
Summary: Project Title: App Virtualization Environment via Citrix Solutions.
Category: Networking & Information Systems > Server Administration
Description: Design, build and implement an application virtualization environment to support Application Service Provider (ASP) model which provides clients with global access to their CRM and other line of business applications.
Scale: 115 total users, 3 Citrix Servers.
Major Technologies used: Citrix XenApp 6.0, Citrix Web Interface 5.3, Citrix Secure Gateway 3.1, Citrix Password Manager 4.8, Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.5, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS.
Project Title: Windows Server 2008 R2 VDI Solution
Description: Designed a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Virtual Desktop (VDI) Solution for an American Logistics firm, job included the following aspects:
Documenting and taking inventory of the client and server hardware required.
Installation of the Hyper-V feature.
Installation and configuration of the RD Session Host Server.
Installation and configuration of the Desktop Virtualization role.
Installation and configuration of the Remote Desktop Connection Broker role.
Creation of a load-balanced Remote Desktop Session Host Server farm
Addition of Remote Desktop Virtualization Host server to RemoteApp and Desktop connection.
Installation of Remote Desktop Session Host and set it up for Redirection Mode.
Installation and configuration of Remote Desktop Web Access role.
Configuration of VDI to use installed Server Authentication certificate.
Configuration of installed virtual machines via PowerShell configuration script.
Setup Personal Virtual Desktops.
Job Title: Support Engineer
Description: To provide enterprise platform support to Microsoft Partners based in USA/Canada/Europe region. I"ve worked extensively on the following core Windows technologies:
Windows Server Expert | Directory Services implementation/Administration & Network Security
• Single, Multi-domain Installation and Optimization using Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2.
• Domain controller Placement consideration keeping network design and bandwidth in mind.
• Domain Controller Replication optimization and site link design.
• Security group design consideration in a multi domain forest.
• Single Sign on using Kerberos delegation and ADFS
• Active Directory health check.
• E-mail and Data Security using certificates.
• Installation and Maintenance of Multi-tier CA.
• Secure enterprise logon solutions using smart cards.
• Recovery plans for EFS and Certificates.
• Certificate management using credential roaming
• Securing windows endpoints using IP sec.
• Enterprise certificate deployment using Auto-Enrollment
• Securing web access, POP SMTP using SSL.
• Securing LDAP Access and Terminal services using SSL.
• Deployment of active directory certificate services in windows 2008 and 2008 R2
• Certification authority (CA) consolidation in multiple-forest deployments using 2008 R2
• Implementation and administration of Certificate enrollment policy servers and web servers.
Windows Server Admin | Messaging Solutions
Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2010.
• Exchange Migration Projects i.e. Ms Exchange 2003 to 2007, 2007 to 2010 (SBS03 to SBS 2008/2011)
• Exchange Server and Mailbox security.
• Troubleshooting mail flow and other Exchange server issues.
Windows Server Expert | Server Performance Tuning
Fixing Resource Depletion/Deadlocks causing Non-Responsive machines via Debugging/ Performance Logging/ ETL Traces.
• Optimizing Disk/Network Subsystems and fine-tuning various Server Roles i.e. File/Application/Web/Print etc.
• Analyzing Memory dumps for processes not responding or crashing.
• Supporting Service Control Manager(SCM), Windows Management Instrumentation(WMI), Distributed COM(DCOM), Windows Installer & Application Compatibility issues occurring on Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2
• Supporting Terminal Services (RDS) Configuration & Installation in Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2.
• Supporting RD Virtualization, Setting up & Configuring Virtual Desktop Pool/ Personal Desktop Solutions.
• Securing RDS Solutions with Setting up Network Policy Server & Health Agents.
Design, install, configure VMware ESX (3.5), ESXi, and vSphere 4 environments with Virtual Center management, Lab Manager, Consolidated Backup, DRS, HA.
Xen Desktop, WAIK, Image X, Sysprep, OS imaging, and automated deployment tools, Windows security and administration knowledge (scripting, registry, WMI).
Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows NT, 2000 and 2003 servers.
Clustering Solutions - Novell Cluster Services and Microsoft Cluster Services 2 - 4 node clusters for File Systems, Database, and Application clusters.
Citrix Presentation Server 4.5/XenApp v5/v6, SMS, Altiris, Thin clients, Terminal services without Citrix, Blade PC, Softricity/Softgrid, Wyse, Dell Open Manage, HP Insight Manager.
Scripting - Powershell, WMI
Education Summary: Bachelors in Computer Science from Delhi University.