Job Title: Business Journalist
Company: Media Jems LTD
Description: Katie is on the editorial team of the Hertfordshire Business Independent, as an extension of her role as a PR Account Manager at Media Jems.
The roles Katie undertakes in this position are reporting and researching copy writing, sub editing and interview and overall editiorial development.
The HBI is distributed to around 44,000 SMEs in Hertfordshire, and is
read by CEOs and decisions makers within the business. They have previously featured Richard Farleigh, James Caan, Andrea McLean, Linda Lusardi, Duncan Bannatyne and Michelle Mone, amongst others as lead interviews.
Job Title: PR Account Manager, Media and Business Specialist and Journalist
Company: Media Jems LTD
Description: Katie is the Author PR Account Manager for Media Jems.
She works directly with publishing house Ecademy Press, and promotes and publicises a fantastic range of books in all kinds of business, retail and alternative health arenas.
Job Title: Managing Director of Forge Media and Assistant Station Manager at Forge Radio
Company: University of Sheffield Forge Media
Description: • National Union of Students Awards 2009 - Forge Media 2nd in Best Student Media Outlet
• Established Forge TV as the fourth media outlet of Forge Media by drafting plan for future funding, location and working committee
• Co-managed a successful amalgamation of the "Forge Media" brand, allowing press, radio, online and TV at the University of Sheffield to brand itself under one name and established a working relationship between all four
• Co-managed production of a 15-hour live radio broadcast of The University of Sheffield Student Elections 2009, the first successful attempt in seven years on "Forge Radio".
• Co-managed production of the first ever 18-hour live radio broadcast of The University of Sheffield Student Varsity Sports Day 2009 on "Forge Radio".
• Managed "Forge" brand website, radio studio and logo redesign in 2008, extended schedule hours and increased programme variety in my management year.
• Set up a promotional team, led voice training classes, produced news content and mentored news journalists at Forge Radio to create full working news team
• Secured extra financial sponsorship for Forge Radio from external sources and increased online listening figures by broadcasting live into student halls of residence off-campus and other areas of the student union.
• Established a mentoring scheme with Chaucer Business & Enterprise College in Sheffield in February 2009 to install a working committee for their newly built radio studios.
Degree: BA Journalism Studies 1st Class Hons.
Field of Study: Social Studies
University / College: University of Sheffield